New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

3D Printed Robocop Suit 1987 Build- COMPLETE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

milbo
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:19 pm Reply with quote

What printer are u using, I'm looking at getting into this, or would you recommend a different one. Thanks

RB 1726

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote

milbo :
What printer are u using, I'm looking at getting into this, or would you recommend a different one. Thanks

I asked him this same question. After looking around I decided to get the same printer. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D8M32LU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's an excellent printer. I have had much success so far with it and will be taking on a Robosuit soon myself. The price has come down on it quite a bit since I purchased one too! I recommend replacing the nozzles right away with better ones. Also, get one of these. It will take some time to figure out if you're new to 3d printing as there is quite a learning curve. Fortunately there is plenty of support for this particular printer. Depending on the type of slicing software you end up using (I use Simplify 3d - the BEST IMO - well worth the price) and the type of filament, you will need to tweak the settings until you get it printing just right. Once you do though...oh MAN. I learned how to create 3d models too so now I can make anything that pops into my brain! Its been an amazing experience for me.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:26 pm Reply with quote

milbo :

The printer I'm using is a Qidi 3D printer and it's an absolute workhorse. I have over 3000 hours on it and it has printed the whole entire Robocop suit. I've had a few troubles with it but it wasn't anything I couldn't easily fix and replace myself. The replacement parts are also extremely cheap. It doesn't have a super large print bed but is good enough size to print some nice pieces. No matter what the bed size you'll have to cut the suit up into multiple pieces to get it to print with decent quality.

I would also highly recommend the Creality CR-10 3D printer which is a great price and a great quality printer with probbaly one of the largest bed volumes on the market right now for the price. I also purchased one of those and have heard nothing but great things about it.

I know you've done great work in the past Milbo so you shouldn't have too much trouble doing a lot of the detail modifications that are missing and smoothing everything out. But I must warn you....Expect tons and tons and excuse me tons of work Smile

Hope that helps.

RB 1132

milbo
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:03 am Reply with quote

Brilliant thanks I think it's the future

RB 1726

pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:48 pm Reply with quote

I went back to the chest and reworked the vent on the right upper side of the chest. The original vent wasn't engraved properly and the vents were too skinny compared to the original. Went ahead and redid by hand and engraved it properly to look like the original piece. The vents are eventually going to be cut out and house a speaker behind them for the sound.

This is how it looked originally, just not right
IMG_5505 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

This is how it looks now...
IMG_6245 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6247 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

RB 1132

Vader1
R-L4

R-L4

Comment: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed.

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Just amazing!!! It is so great to see a new build of the original suit. You are doing an awesome job!!!

RB 341

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:55 pm Reply with quote

Wow man..Incredible,,should be with ya real soon on the gloves.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
milbo
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:20 pm Reply with quote

I got the cr 10 and bought the robo files and it prints perfect after some setting up and learning about the software. In fact I've ordered another one to half the time as they are slow if u want good resolution. Thanks Chris for help

RB 1726

pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Thanks guys and no problem Milbo glad to help out and also glad everything is working out for you so far.

RB 1132

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:23 pm Reply with quote

What have you been using to fill the holes and what process did you decide to go with to fill the striations?

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:01 am Reply with quote

RoboWags :
What have you been using to fill the holes and what process did you decide to go with to fill the striations?

I usually use a product called Magic Sculpt that's you can get on Ebay. It's a two part epoxy sculpting putty that works amazing for filling holes and dries rock hard, it also sands super smooth. I also use it to fix bad details and to resculpt certain areas. It's a sculpting putty because it takes hours to cure, you can use water to smooth out and gives you some pretty good work time.

A similar product would be Aves Apoxie Sculpt which I believe is nearly the same product. To fill the striations which I'm assuming you mean print lines. Is I use Duplicolor filler primer, bondo glazing spot putty (the red stuff) and sand, sand, and sand. Rinse and repeat until your desired smoothness. I also use the Magic Sculpt for really rough spots that the above process doesn't work so well on.

The original Robocop suit was rough looking and not super smooth so you have some leeway on the body work process. Hope that helps!

RB 1132

pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:27 pm Reply with quote

Almost done. All the major modifications are finally finished! Next step is to fiberglass the armor and finish the body work and smooth everything a bit more. After that I'll make it wearable with buckles, straps, brackets etc.... Then paint.

Here's a sneak preview, this is just a loose fitting on clothes and pillows Smile.
IMG_6333 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

Added some missing details to the shins. This was a more difficult part then I expected. Alot of work went into these.
IMG_6334 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6335 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

RB 1132

milbo
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Wow nice

RB 1726

pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Milbo,

Here is a couple pics in darker lighting I thought brought some of the shapness of the details out more,
IMG_6339 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6341 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

RB 1132

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard