New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

3D Printed Robocop Suit 1987 Build- COMPLETE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quote

talizman :
Watching this build with great interest....

Approximately how many (hundred) hours will the files take to print?

I have no idea but probably a lot, haven't really kept track. Since I've started this thread I've almost been printing non-stop with the exception of a couple weeks of down time because of technical errors and having to order new filament. Each piece takes anywhere from 4-13 hours to print.

RB 1132

dav51
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:40 am Reply with quote

Well if one day you cast i would be really interested as i'm looking since years now for a good complete suit and can t find it anywhere...Sad no speaking about that expensive crappy costume on ebay !?!

RB 50

pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:03 am Reply with quote

Here is an update, pretty much done printing the majority of the suit. All that you see has already been glued together, but I'm still going to fiberglass the main armor pieces for extra strength/support. Now the real hard work is going to start which is cleaning up, modifying, and making this suit wearable. Suit looks amazing when laid out all together, I think when actually finished it's going to look pretty epic. Here are some pics,

IMG_6019_1 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6022 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6023 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
Here's a the glove printed, came out perfect, still have to add the side knobs and get the fingers working the way I want.
IMG_6028 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
Started some modifications on the legs, still quite a bit to work to do on it to get it finished.
IMG_6036 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
Found some nice flexible rubber mat for the elbow and knee inserts.
IMG_6038 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
Remodeled the bottom collar piece on the elbow, to have more of an angle like the screen used piece, It still needs some missing details added.
IMG_6033 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
That's it for now. More to come.

RB 1132

MattgomeryBurns
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 am Reply with quote

That's so awesome to see it all laid out. How many hours do you think it took to print everything?

RB 217

hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:32 am Reply with quote

Looks amazing! And I´m curious about how the gloves will turn. One of the minor flaws of the original suit is watching how soft (specially since TVs improved) the original hands could look under some lights. So, while I´m not sure how comfortable these will be, they´d look more metallic.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:19 pm Reply with quote

Love it, some baws work here! Very Happy

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:22 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Looks amazing! And I´m curious about how the gloves will turn. One of the minor flaws of the original suit is watching how soft (specially since TVs improved) the original hands could look under some lights. So, while I´m not sure how comfortable these will be, they´d look more metallic.

Yeah I know exactly what your saying. Although having them be plastic when finished won't be entirely screen accurate I still think it will look pretty cool. This is pretty much how I'll be doing the gloves, http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=244237 See last post in that thread.

MattgomeryBurns :
That's so awesome to see it all laid out. How many hours do you think it took to print everything?

I have no idea, but I could tell you I've been printing almost non-stop for 7 months. There has been a few weeks of setbacks within the timeframe of starting this thread but it still feels like I've been printing non-stop.

RB 1132

pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:13 am Reply with quote

Thank you again guys for your support. I went ahead and decided to tackle the left arm. I figured I would take on the hardest part first. This I believed was going to be the hardest part of the suit to modify and straighten out to look a lot more like what you see on screen and I was definitely right. This was a really hard piece to work on, it was missing tons of detail compared to the other parts of the suit. Pretty much all the lines, vents, etc... were just not there. The model had holes in it, jagged lines, bad geometry etc... So I basically de-mantled the whole entire piece once printed and used it as a base to add in all the detail i desired. All the pieces that were removed were built from scratch using styrene.

It's still not completely finished, i still need to add in the screw detail, a couple other details, and give it another sanding or two but for the most part I think it looks pretty awesome. Enjoy,.....
IMG_6050 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6051 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6053 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6054 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6057 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6058 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
e0e519a1-330b-4fe1-881d-9fd828b5a376 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6065 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

More to come. I'm doing all the heavy modifications first on every piece of armor, then I'll be fiberglassing everything. After fiberglassing I'll go ahead and do all the major body work, make it wearable and then paint.

RB 1132

braddock001
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: Excuse me - I have to go- somewhere there is a crime happening-

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:56 am Reply with quote

So this is the way of the world now. Looks great!

RB 1290

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:07 am Reply with quote

Lookin' good! Simply amazing work!

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:56 am Reply with quote

Thank you guys really appreciate it.

RB 1132

Vader1
R-L4

R-L4

Comment: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Absolutely amazing job!!! Looking great!!!

RB 341

pchrisbosh1
O-L1

O-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:20 pm Reply with quote

Thank you. Here is another update.

Here's the progress of the modifications on the left leg. It needed quite a bit of work. I felt the legs were going to be the next hardest piece to modify so I went ahead and went to work on the left leg. The model was missing quite a bit of details and had a funny big lip on the end of the leg near the knee. I went ahead and removed the lip and rebuilt it to more closely match the screen used leg.

It still needs quite a bit of smoothing and body work but the major modifications are done at this point. It also still needs the screw detail added in but I'll probably do all the screw detail last on all the pieces once everything is done.
IMG_6072 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6073 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6075 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6077 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6078 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6084 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
IMG_6085 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

RB 1132

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:35 am Reply with quote

This is amazing!

RB 4892

Ed-260
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard