New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

thinking of making a copy for 1 person

rattyzx6r
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote

Hi all I keep seeing and being asked if I would make people a robo suit to which I keep saying no but seeing a lot of people really badly wanting a suit im thinking of making 1 (YES ONLY 1 ) copy of my suit.

My suit started life a crappy Hansen suit but over the last couple years ive been improving each part as I go pretty much re sculpting and adding in all the missing details.

I don't want to step on any toes and yes I will have to make all the moulds from mine. Im not in it to make a profit but costs must be covered materials and time. But want to give some one who really wants a nice suit a chance.

Im looking at prob around 3k for a fully finished suit. part payment to cover materials up front ,and as each section is done it will be shipped eg chest and back finished and shipped.

Hope people don't think im taking the pee by moulding my suit just want to offer a chance as I know how long it took to get where I am with mine.

please pm me for more details and pictures.

Also please note it wont be a sudden 1 month down the line finished I do work full time and have a family that must come first ans plus im very fussy with parts that if its not good enough for me its not good enough for others

many thanks
dave

RB 186

gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote

now ya bang a post up lol.......now I got a suit but yes be nice for people to have a nice suit.there some right shockers out there

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
GRINCH
R-L1

R-L1

Comment: Baby Food?!

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote

I'm VERY interested. Will it come complete ( armor & rubber parts )? Also painted/unpainted?

RB 47

rattyzx6r
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Hi yes it will have all the bits ill make all the fibre glass parts first and get them fully painted and out so u can start to make the adjustments and will be making brand new gloves and rubber mid and elbow sections. the only thing I wont have would be the gun.
cheers dave

RB 186

ROBOTCOP
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: joined back in 2002 . forgot password. rejoined

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote

rattyzx6r :
Hi yes it will have all the bits ill make all the fibre glass parts first and get them fully painted and out so u can start to make the adjustments and will be making brand new gloves and rubber mid and elbow sections. the only thing I wont have would be the gun.
cheers dave
Could do some extra gloves to trade on here , we need extra gloves on here, I need extra gloves anyway Smile

Cheers

Alex

"Dead or Alive you are Selling to Me "

RB 495

robocop-helmet ultra1
rattyzx6r
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote

ive played about with some figures and can get it down to £2500 in the uk outside postage would have to be paid.

Ive had a few people interested but I will only make 1. Only deposit needed to cover cost of materials and rest paid as bits are made.

Ill get some pictures up of the gloves sculpt ive been working on once its a little further along.
cheers dave

RB 186

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote

rattyzx6r :
Only deposit needed to cover cost of materials and rest paid as bits are made.

Just curious.

What guarantees can you offer? Who's to say you won't get half way through, stop making the copy and make off with the money without providing whatever someone may pay for and disappear of the face of the net?

I'm sure it's happened before...

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote

I can say dave is a good lad and will not rip any one off. dave saved me getting ripped off b4. at least I can can do is tell you all you are very safe with this man

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
rattyzx6r
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote

1 because im not like that and have made lots of other bits for people all ways been very happy (can supply ref for anyone interested)
2 id advise paying with paypal that way all partys are covered or credit card not that there would be concerns on that side of things.

Fully understand the asking as im just a name behind a screen to u all. id prefer a uk buyer as we can travel to and from for fitting to make it better.

But as said Iit took me a long time to get and completely refurb my suit I keep seeing others wanting a suit so just offering my skills to help a dream come true.

Im not to worried if I don't make 1 as ill still have mine and will carry on prop building other things.

cheers dave

RB 186

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong Dave, it wasn't a personal attack on you.

I'm genuinely curious because, as you said, you're a name on the net. But I'm glad you've got references and Gez backing you up, plus with Paypal you've got a bit more of a secure payment method.

We get it when people start projects and never finish them (not saying you won't) and the last thing I'd want is people bitching on the board about a lack of service.

I guess my original question can apply to anyone willing to take a payment for a service, it's always good to know your ass is in safe hands.

Like Keva said:

"It's a free society. Uh, except there ain't nothing free, because there's no guarantees, y'know? You're on your own. That's the law of the jungle, ooo hoo hoo!"

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
dav51
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:07 am Reply with quote

any stuff still available Smile?

RB 50

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:47 am Reply with quote

Please make the one in 5x XL please! I will come up with the 3k in turkish lira or whatever! This isn't a personal attack either but... Hell with it. Lettin it slide..... Evil or Very Mad

RB 10024

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard