New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The Last Jedi

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:38 am Reply with quote

Any appreciation from Robofans?

I watched it yesterday. Did not like it.
Have read and listened a lot of reviews and analysis, for and against.
NowI feel an unashamed hater.

What I find more disheartening is to realize that actually Mark Hammil did a great job with a terrible script. It could have been great to have a mature story about an old Luke if the franchise was not so ageist trying to leave behind and let go the old cast so we care now more about the new young (teen almost) characters. Well, I don't care about them. I did not mind them trying to have their own story, but not at the expense of killing the old so they can shine more and monopolise our attention. I'm not on board, sorry.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:53 pm Reply with quote

I didn't like it overall. It had surprises, I'll give it that, it had neat moments, but I was not pleased with it overall. A lot of the new characters from TFA lost any charisma they had, the writing was shoddy and the majority of the action was bland.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Wasn't good wasn't bad,Wasn't Star Wars..

CREDITS 1111

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:15 am Reply with quote

Bah, saw it a couple months back, didn't notice the topic to post my thoughts. Which I guess says plenty in regards to how I regarded it..

vegasrobo :
Wasn't good wasn't bad,Wasn't Star Wars..

Eh, I thought it was Star Wars.. or rather a lot of re-hashed and recycled bits and pieces of, anyway. Otherwise I'm with ya.. wasn't as bad as I was fearing but that ain't saying much. Felt like a lot of shit nowadays.. cool looking, but damn bland and flat.. Don't know what it is but man they're just missing something. not much, but eh. I too felt for Hamill as he tried, so did Carrie who I now wish got to leave on a bit of a higher note.. Meanwhile the new kids on the block have lost a lot of what attention I did give them. Bah.

Crummy writing, utter lack of real feeling or flair and recycling the old film's tropes aside I too really feel like they're making the new at the expense of killing off all the old. Which may be what they want but it ain't necessary and just alienates a lot of us old-school fans. But again I guess we're not what they care about anymore.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:58 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I know that a lot of people did not like The Last Jedi, but I really liked it as a movie in the Star Wars series and, as a Luke Skywalker fan since I was a kid, I see it as a fitting end for the character. Now, I am sure that as a teenager I would have taken issue with Luke being old and not doing all kinds of lightsaber fighting, but I appreciate how they addressed the older character.
I like how they allowed him to be flawed and a victim of his own fear and anger (Yoda called it). I like how he became a wise jedi teacher and my biggest problem with the original release was that they cut some scenes of Rey's training (they were still in the deleted scenes, for the few minutes of runtime, I think they should have been in there). I like how the Rey brought Luke back and I loved his little parlor trick at the end. I see a lot of Obiwan Kenobi (from original star wars) in his performance. I also like the ending with the kids. That's Luke Skywalker for me, a legend, and I think that this movie did him justice.
There were problems with the movie, but I really like Rian Johnson as a director and storyteller (See Knives Out if you agree). It is a movie about great intentions and how sometimes they still do not pan out the way we hope them to. But in this film, hope is never lost.
I did not like Rise of Skywalker as much. I felt like it ignored a lot of things The Last Jedi tried to do. Luke's role was pointless in it, but it did complete Kylo Ren's development. He's the most interesting character in the new trilogy.

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard