New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New movie - RoboCop Returns - Directed by Neill Blomkamp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Yarbles
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 pm Reply with quote

And please, no Kinneman, and no Weller. Kinneman was just wrong for the part, and Weller wants nothing to do with it. Cast someone who simply is the best choice to play Alex Murphy as we know him.

RB 3527

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm Reply with quote

Yarbles :
And please, no Kinneman, and no Weller. Kinneman was just wrong for the part, and Weller wants nothing to do with it. Cast someone who simply is the best choice to play Alex Murphy as we know him.

Add to that "and not a CGI Weller face recreation". I´m tired of that stuff they used in recent Star Wars or Blade Runner 2049. It looks unreal and too much videogame-y. Stuck with a fiberglass armour and the actor´s real face.

RB 12188

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Victorboris1
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:53 pm Reply with quote

Yarbles :
District 9 was great, Elysium was meh, and never saw Chappie because I heard so many bad things about it. Part of me thinks this is a great fit, and the other part of me is really worried...

Also, this guy rewriting the Corporate Wars script.... I don't know anything he's done. I have little faith in the ongoing Terminator series and he supposedly wrote the forthcoming sequel..... I don't know, I'm just torn.

But in the end, it can't be worse than what we've already gotten. Having Neumier and Miner involved does give me hope though.

People ended up hating Chappie because the media was hyping the shit out of the movie as it being some sort of ultra-deep social commentary flick like District 9 had been. When it got released it turned out to be a comedy-action movie with a silly CGI robot, so everybody hated it for having their expectations crushed.

Do you guys think they'll use the classic design for the armor?

RB 36

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:27 pm Reply with quote

Bring it on! All sounds good to me. "Returns" has been done before, but I think it is fine because the alliteration on the "R" works well and he really has been dormant for too long, both on screen and in the story, it would seem. Robocop kind of is a superhero, and I think pushing his more superhero like elements is a good idea since that style is very popular right now. Being a superhero isn't all about colorful costumes and over-the-top villains, it's about being a powerful champion of justice, which Robocop certainly is.

Speaking of the costume, I have no doubt the classic costume will come back. But I wouldn't be surprised if it changes at some point in the film. If they are going with the Corporate Wars inspired story, it would make sense that they find Robocop in his dusty and rusty old body before giving him some kind of upgrade. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that, I don't mind an update of the canon if it acknowledges and continues the previous adventures.

Robocop Returns is an interesting title for another reason. To me, it indicates he is back to stay. I know this is getting way ahead of myself based on a pretty small bit of news, but I would not be surprised if they try to set up a sequel, even a franchise. it worked once before, and Robocop Returns sounds confident that is he is back for good. Or it could be a working title and change soon. After the whole build up to the reboot I take everything with a grain of salt and will not try to judge it or get too invested until there is at least a trailer or something. Don't wanna go through that again. But of course, this is really great news. I am now telling anyone that will listen. Robocop Returns. Long live Robocop!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Yarbles
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:38 pm Reply with quote

As long as the next movie isn't called RoboCop Forever!

As far as the suit and CG is concerned.... I'm sure the original practical suit will be used somewhat, but just look at blomkamp's films.... there's going to be robot CG stuff everywhere. Don't expect the suit to stay a fiberglass suit only throughout the entire movie.

RB 3527

Victorboris1
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 am Reply with quote

I wonder what role will Carlitos Cosplay have on this movie.

RB 36

theroller1984
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:03 am Reply with quote

Victorboris1 :
I wonder what role will Carlitos Cosplay have on this movie.

The villain

RB 30

Bauc
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: Dead or Alive you are comming with me

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 am Reply with quote

OMG, thank you god for this wonderful news, Robo is on his way back to the big screen and hopefully we will get to see the sequel we never saw. Everything after R1 was a total miss, the second & third movie were just a empty shell, the TV show got canceled just before it become good enough, cartoons, ect also did not really did any justice to the original character. I haven't read any comics so I cant comment on that, but this is super news!

I'm expecting to see the old suit with few modifications, the AUTO 9 as well. I personally loved Chappie, it was a great funny movie, I also loved District 9, so I have good hopes. As long as they portray Robo as this revenge driven justice minded half man half machine Frankenstein creation we are in a good way to have our Robo back.

RB 449

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:59 am Reply with quote

Yarbles :
As long as the next movie isn't called RoboCop Forever!

Hahahaha.

Blomkamp promised on Twitter we´ll get an "R" rated film, with satire and blood squibs. Hope it´ll be true.

RB 12188

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 am Reply with quote

Interesting director, knowing he was after that canceled sequel to Aliens. There is a pattern there with revival sequels versus reboots.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:51 am Reply with quote

artuditu :
Interesting director, knowing he was after that canceled sequel to Aliens. There is a pattern there with revival sequels versus reboots.

Maybe they figured what people want from their favourite franchises are the same elements instead of watered down versions Very Happy I´m excited for this film. I only hope I´ll feel the same after we saw the first pics, unlike the Reboot.

RB 12188

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:57 am Reply with quote

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/alien/33505/a-closer-look-at-neill-blomkamps-proposed-alien-5

You can see by all that Alien concept art that he cared about the franchise he was working for.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:57 am Reply with quote

PFMC84 :
One point though, Joel Kinnaman said he had signed on for multiple films (likely a standard contractual necessity these days) but what if he comes back for this film, either because its in his contract or Neil decides he is worth another shot. How would we feel about him returning? I think the idea of Peter returning in any shape of form is a massive pipe dream. He won't want anything to do with it, even if it is a cameo as someone else or the likes. I enjoyed Robert Burke in the role but he was a bit cartoony/campy. Someone new must be found but who could actually do the role justice?

They likely won't want anyone even thinking this might a sequel to the 2014 film so I'd say it's unlikely Joel Kinnaman will return.

RB 306

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Judge Black :
They likely won't want anyone even thinking this might a sequel to the 2014 film so I'd say it's unlikely Joel Kinnaman will return.

I hope he won´t be back. He portrayed the character as an arrogant smartass with no charm. Also, he isn´t that great as an actor. I´d like to see someone who could act on the role. And someone who could get how the original worked.

RB 12188

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard