New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RUMOUR: RoboCop coming to "Mortal Kombat 11" ???

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:28 pm Reply with quote

Aften Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger made their way into the MK series and the TMNT hit the fighting scene once again in "Injustice 2", Ed Boon, co-creator of Mortal Kombat seems to be hinting at something else too...

Of course, Boon and Tobias are known to be playing tricks and planting rumours (including false ones) for playable characters ever since the first game in the series, so this could be nothing more than that.
Then again, I suppose it'd be cool to see a fatality where Murphy shoots his opponent in the balls.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1090692033935798272

Original source:
http://epicstream.com/news/BayaniMiguelAcebedo/Robocop-Coming-to-Mortal-Kombat-11

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:38 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, Boon is Probably trolling. What a bastard toying with our hearts. Smile

Terminator would probably be a better fit if they want to include a cyborg.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Terminator would probably be a better fit if they want to include a cyborg.

Sacrilegious as it may be for a Robo head to say - I have to agree, frankly. That said I agree, why's he gotta tug at our fan-heartstrings? The bastard, indeed.

Eh screw a cameo, Robo should have his own game. But that's another thing I guess.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:43 pm Reply with quote

Ah man, if this is true, this has made my day.

I would say, although Terminator might make a good DLC character, that COULD be another reason to expect Robo to appear. The Midway guys seem to be keen to use pairs of characters that compliment each other. So MKX had an Alien and Predator, also Leatherface and Jason. It could follow that Terminator and Robocop would be the next franchises they'd visit.

I know this could be Ed trolling, but I'm not giving up hope yet. Seriously, I'm buzzing for this.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Writing on Mortal Tuesday...

A widely-reported DLC roster is naming Joker, Terminator, Spawn and Ash from Evil Dead as the guest characters from other franchises.

Really gutted if this is true, but hopefully we're getting nearer to seeing Robo in a Mortal Kombat or Injustice game. In fact, there are Joker, Terminator and Spawn films on the way very soon, so it could be that Robo will make his appearance in Injustice 3 as that might coincide closer with RoboCop Returns.

I live in hope...

RB 2943

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:13 am Reply with quote

I don't like Mortal Kombat but I do have a Switch and would buy MK11 in a second if I could play as Robocop! Seems unlikely but not implausible.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:04 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
I don't like Mortal Kombat but I do have a Switch and would buy MK11 in a second if I could play as Robocop! Seems unlikely but not implausible.

They've had Freddy Krueger 2010, Jason Voorhees, Leatherface, Alien and Predator in previous games, and Injustice has had Hellboy and The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (looking quite like the 1990 film), so I think they'll get to Robo soon. Although MK is obviously bloodier, Robo doesn't really bleed (discounting oil) so maybe Injustice would make more sense, as they're heroes and villains so maybe more of a tonal fit than MK's mystic storylines. Tbh though it'll just come down to licensing and maybe timing.

RB 2943

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:42 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
RoboPimp :

They've had Freddy Krueger 2010, Jason Voorhees, Leatherface, Alien and Predator in previous games, and Injustice has had Hellboy and The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (looking quite like the 1990 film), so I think they'll get to Robo soon. Although MK is obviously bloodier, Robo doesn't really bleed (discounting oil) so maybe Injustice would make more sense, as they're heroes and villains so maybe more of a tonal fit than MK's mystic storylines. Tbh though it'll just come down to licensing and maybe timing.

I know those other characters appeared and that's why I said it is not implausible, but as you said I think it's more a case where Robo isn't as good of a fit. Robocop is known as a highly violent film, but those other franchises are much gorier. And as you mention, Robocop doesn't bleed. He also moves really slowly and is not much for hand to hand combat. So I have trouble seeing him fit into MK, but I still do think it could work. But also there is the sad truth that Robocop has not been as successful in recent years as the other character, who all have been in the spotlight more than our original Robocop has, even Leatherface has been in theaters much more recently than our beloved version of Robo. Because sadly it seems as many people know the reboot version as the classic these days, and I sure don't want to see that version in the game!

RB 1658

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:34 am Reply with quote

It would be cool and interesting, but I can't really see it happen. Robo fighting with his fists and jump kicking someone? That would be so odd. Robo doesn't really fit into the movie monster type they usually go for.

Mortal Kombat does have several robot characters so i'm assuming it would be just like controlling one of them.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Ryou Win
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: Brazillian RoboCop Fan and M.u.g.e.n. maker. Last Updates: NeuroBrain ver.04,09,2019 for M.U.G.E.N.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:10 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
RoboPimp :
Tbh though it'll just come down to licensing and maybe timing.

. I agree. RoboCop is not a Warner Bros license. It's easier to see Shaggy Rogers than Robo.
. They only make "Freddy vs Jason" when they bought Jason franchise.

Archive :
It would be cool and interesting, but I can't really see it happen. Robo fighting with his fists and jump kicking someone? That would be so odd. Robo doesn't really fit into the movie monster type they usually go for.

. Archive, check this: https://youtu.be/UqXwZtTqgtQ

RB 1361

cake
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:48 pm Reply with quote

So yeah...a bit over a year later, turns out it's true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEUrIoCHMew

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:29 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :

I take it back, I will not be buying MK11 just to play as Robo. Tempting, but I really don't like Moral Kombat, and Robo's implementation is a bit strange. I will, however, convince my friends who have the game to get the DLC so I can play as Robo!

RB 1658

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:11 am Reply with quote

It's been a while since I last bought a Mortal Kombat game, plus his voice here just sounds really weird!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:46 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
RoboPimp :

I take it back, I will not be buying MK11 just to play as Robo. Tempting, but I really don't like Moral Kombat, and Robo's implementation is a bit strange. I will, however, convince my friends who have the game to get the DLC so I can play as Robo!

Same here. My best friend has the Switch version of MK11...while I didn't like the game at all, if he ends up getting DLCs, I will give Robo a shot for a match or two. Heck, if it goes on sale I might even get the DLC for him...if it's real cheap though, as from what I'm seeing, I'd probably only buy that for a dollar.

RB 12622

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard