New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop ReAction Figures Officially Revealed at ToyFair!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:11 pm Reply with quote

Super7 will release a RoboCop “ReAction” figure line. It will include several RoboCop versions such as helmetless and battle damaged, Emil the melting man, ED-209 with Mr Kinney, as well as "i'd by that for a dollar" Bixby Snyder.

The release date is currently June 2019.

No info if there will be further figures in the line such as Clarence Boddicker and his gang, although it is very likely.

Photos by: https://twitter.com/FakeEyes22

--------------------------------------

A while ago I posted a screenshot of an e-mail where Funko stated that they were working with the RoboCop licence in their 3.75" retro action-figure series "ReAction".

https://scontent.fsof3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36621275_1800084370052369_3765573015824236544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fsof3-1.fna&oh=ee0315c459a55096701d7003744616f8&oe=5CF2BB04

Prototypes of said figures have finally been officially revealed at Toy Fair 2019

https://i2.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/DziL0eYW0AMszY3.jpg?resize=768%2C576&ssl=1

https://i1.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/DziL0eYWoAAvoI0.jpg?ssl=1

The line appears to include RoboCop, Battle-Damaged RoboCop, Helmetless RoboCop, Emil the Melting Man, Bixby Snyder, ED-209...and what I think is supposed to be Mr. Kinney.

No Clarance, Lewis or the rest of the gang as of yet, but hopefully soon.

*** Post edited for News forum

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:22 pm Reply with quote

This is truly great news. The ReAction figures seem to sell for about $15 each which is affordable enough that I should be able to get the whole line. Not sure if I wanna display them carded or loose, though I always rip 'em out of the package eventually!

Based on this I do have two criticisms: First, there is no Lewis. I know these are just unpainted prototypes but Lewis has been criminally underrepresented in action figure form and it would a real shame if they left her out for this run. Second, I am not a fan of the Auto-9 being attached to the hand and prefer it be a separate accessory. I realize that these are retro style collector figures and not really meant to be played with so that is a small gripe.

Overall, this product line looks like it is really going above and beyond. 3 versions of Robocop is basically the standard at this point, but Bixby Snyder is a huge shock of the best kind. Melting Emil is a great choice too and Kinney's appearance is kinda mind blowing. These are characters that nobody ever thought would have a figure. I hope everything works out and that they find room for Lewis and Clarence and the Old Man too. In any case, I am looking forward to buying any and all of these figures asap.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:34 pm Reply with quote

I think this line is refreshing in that is does something else than just release yet another RoboCop figure and then nothing else. I have too many Robo figures already.

With Kinney and Bixby, it is certainly weird that they chose those characters, but it's a good weird and I'm assuming they will do more as leaving out Clarence Boddicker would be a strange decision.

I'm split on a Lewis toy. There's never been one so it would be cool, but i don't see myself being overly hyped to actually buy it.

Kind of boring cards for the figures. I would have liked some varied grafic for the different characters, such as was done with the series toys.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:18 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Second, I am not a fan of the Auto-9 being attached to the hand and prefer it be a separate accessory. I realize that these are retro style collector figures and not really meant to be played with so that is a small gripe.

I don't think it's permanently attached, they just put it in the figures' hands.

With that being said, I agree with Archive - while the cardback certainly isn't ugly, a bit more personalization would've been nice.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Kenny looks like he gave birth to an Alien rather than get shot to hell by ED-209!

RB 18145

RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:38 pm Reply with quote

They should do some promo where if you get the whole set, you only pay a dollar for Bixby Snyder or something.

Like that time when you could pay for the new-at-the-time Donkey Kong game with "a bunch of bananas".

RB 12622

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:49 am Reply with quote

I agree about no Lewis being kinda BS.. Although I figure they might do a follow up set which would have Lewis and perhaps also Boddicker,. It's possible. Though I'm not necessarily holding my breath - Like Archive I'm rather torn.. I would love to see them get some figure love but not like I'm gonna make a petition and social media campaign if they don't. tongue

That said I agree the ones they chose are both awesome and a bit odd. I think the Kinney is supposed to be with ED as a set (or perhaps that is the intent anyway, whether or not they are actually sold as such) and that does make a bit more sense. Though I've no idea what Bixby would be partnered with, lolz. Still pretty friggen awesome to see more obscure parts of the franchise get a little love though! Smile

RoboFan_93 :
They should do some promo where if you get the whole set, you only pay a dollar for Bixby Snyder or something.

Lol I agree. With that if these figures are as cheap as the typical ReActions I'll almost certainly be getting one or two myself.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:52 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Though I've no idea what Bixby would be partnered with, lolz.

A bunch of babes and a booby cake?

RB 12622

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:45 pm Reply with quote

I hope they´ll be available in Europe, as I´d like to get these.

Not sure if they´ll do these characters as "wave 1" or they´ll include more at the release date, but I´d be worried if they plan more than one batch of Robo. I´ve seen how Funko release some less popular Batman 66 characters on their first line to drop "wave 2" due to popularity/sales.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:42 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Stan The Man :
Though I've no idea what Bixby would be partnered with, lolz.

A bunch of babes and a booby cake?

That would be on my dream list of Robo swag, right next to a Boddicker figure with a 'Bitches Leave' button. Wink Laughing

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:01 pm Reply with quote

Agree with Archive it's weird but good weird. They're out of left field choices and something a bit different from the same old same old. As they'll be affordable more than happy to pick these up and support the line.

Incidentally, there was a Lewis figure in the Ultra Police line - not that it resembled Nancy or even the animated series Lewis.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:05 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
Incidentally, there was a Lewis figure in the Ultra Police line - not that it resembled Nancy or even the animated series Lewis.

That's true. Lewis is also included alongside Robo and ED-209 in the Mez-It three pack, but aside from those I can't think of any other Lewis figures.

Also, this makes me think, we need really need to all rally behind this line of figures. Buy them all, buy two of each and keep one in the package. Give them to your friends and/or get them to buy them too. With enough support, Robocop will be the next Star Wars and there will be a figure of every character. I don't just mean Bertha and the gang from Robocop 3, I mean the gang from the Officer Down episode of Robocop the Series. And the sick kid from the same episode, with toy clown accessory. I'd buy that for $14.99+S&H!

RB 1658

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:13 pm Reply with quote

They missed their planned "June 2019" release date, but hopefully we'll get some news about these figures soon.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:58 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
They missed their planned "June 2019" release date, but hopefully we'll get some news about these figures soon.

That's a shame, who knows when we will hear more but I'm ready to buy them whenever they should appear!

RB 1658

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard