New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

"I'm not arresting you anymore."

RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Don't ask me why, but it occurred to me the other day that this line of dialogue from the original Robocop really speaks to the character's identity development in the course of the movie. While the delivery was somewhat calm and unaffected, the fact that Robo was prepared to take revenge on his murderer (who had at this point surrendered and threw away his weapon), one can say that at that point, he had completely regained his human side. The scene just before the shootout, Robo and Lewis in the steel mill (when he removes his helmet) is for me the moment that he faces reality and struggles with it, but the shootout scene (with the aforementioned quote) is where he accepts it.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:39 pm Reply with quote

I agree. Easily one of the most powerful scenes/shots in the movie, or cinema period, for that matter. Robo is technically a machine. But in that moment 'he' isn't being technical or logical whatever. He isn't operating by programming at all. He's acting like, well, a man.

I always said if (and more hopefully when) I get a Robo tattoo I want it to be that shot of the helmetless Robo (RoboMurphy as I call him there) as he says that advancing on Clarence, right before aiming his gun.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard