New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop confirmed for Mortal Kombat 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ryou Win
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: Brazillian RoboCop Fan and M.u.g.e.n. maker. Last Updates: NeuroBrain ver.04,09,2019 for M.U.G.E.N.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:48 am Reply with quote

edgeofthecosmos :
i take back everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu5GTc-WFxA

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
. And here we have the friendship! So obvious... why did I cannīt think on that? the "robot dance" 80īs style, with Moonwalk!
. I confess: "I liked"... this is way less embarassing than the Spawn book and this is fair with the joke. And the best part: no unicorns in here! Thank god the foot steps sound fine in here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjJqpYhlWcc
. That take me back to RoboCop 2! The new directives part:

DIRECTIVE 250 Don't walk across a ballroom floor swinging your arms
DIRECTIVE 251 Don't refuse to dance with whoever cuts in
DIRECTIVE 262 Avoid Orion meetings
DIRECTIVE 272 When any directive contradicts another, obey both.

. (But I still hate that flexible thighs in the armour! That is beyond me!) rage

RB 1361

cake
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 3:21 pm Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/itzwhatevaj0e/status/1263458684484624384?s=20

An interaction I'd never thought I'd see Robocop and Spawn.

Damn I wish Alien, Predator and Freddy Kruger were in this one.

RB 710

cake
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:37 pm Reply with quote

So MK11 Aftermath is out tomorrow and Netherrealm Studios's Twitch just did a quick run through of what he is like to play as.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/631791320?t=00h47m56s

Should start around where they are talking about him here. Also gives you a preview of his costumes. Default, MK3 Cyber Ninja fusion, what kinda looks like Detroit Police armour and a Battle Damage variant, which I thought looked cool.

RB 710

cake
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:51 am Reply with quote

JohnBoyAdvance :
So MK11 Aftermath is out tomorrow and Netherrealm Studios's Twitch just did a quick run through of what he is like to play as.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/631791320?t=00h47m56s

Should start around where they are talking about him here. Also gives you a preview of his costumes. Default, MK3 Cyber Ninja fusion, what kinda looks like Detroit Police armour and a Battle Damage variant, which I thought looked cool.

I was watching that on YouTube. I find interesting that they included a foot spike as well, something we saw in The Series. I wonder if itīs intentional or not.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:15 pm Reply with quote

I'd say it was one of those things they assumed Robocop would have.

If you have no interest in Mortal Kombat 11, I'm gonna assume there are videos of all the Robocop content on youtube now. Definitely arcade mode ending and all fatalities performed on Robocop videos.

Also dialogue videos where you'll see Netherrealm Studios fanon.

It is pretty hype hearing Shao Kahn say Robocop. Also a Brutality named "Thank you for not smoking."

RB 710

cake
Aberration
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:56 pm Reply with quote

I looked through all the cosmetics and finishers, and I'm about 1/4th a way through the intro dialogues (I just can't watch that for an hour straight). From what I've seen, Weller's performance doesn't improve, but at the same time, the lines they're feeding him are pretty bad. What I've heard so far just doesn't sound right to me, as things either RoboCop or pre-cyborg Murphy would say.

RB 67

cake
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:13 pm Reply with quote

While i think it's a pity Weller doesn't sound like Robo or ( even Weller), I do understand him not giving his best when recording those two million lines he had to do. It must have taken hours. Absolutely brutal.

I can understand why Arnold didn't exactly rush to be in on this.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Aberration
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:26 pm Reply with quote

Oh, I'm definitely surprised/impressed that he gave his time, considering he does have various other acting, directing, and academic commitments. And it stings a little that Arnold is doing voicework for the new Predator game when he passed on MK, but it looks like that required far less time (and Arnold probably still commands a higher price tag).

RB 67

cake
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:21 am Reply with quote

Aberration :
The lines they're feeding him are pretty bad.

Yup. Some of them are pretty lame and make little sense in the context of Roboīs own universe.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:52 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Aberration :
The lines they're feeding him are pretty bad.

Yup. Some of them are pretty lame and make little sense in the context of Roboīs own universe.

That is true but I think it's also important to remember that this isn't Robo's own universe. It's the MK universe and he is just a guest. And while MK is best known for the brutal violence, which fits well for RoboCop, but there is also a lighter side and finishing moves like Babalities and Friendships have a long history in the series. So not everything was gonna work for Robo. I'll be honest, I did not love what I saw from Robo in this game on first glance. But then after a few days I started to warm up to it a bit more. This is not a new RoboCop video game. I would love that, but Robo is just a guest star here and not the main point, as much as we'd all love that. So it might not be the best version of Robo possible but I have to say I am now just happy to see him back in a game and having people talking about him. Not enough to buy the game myself, though. However, I just found out last night my friend with MK11 got the DLC so I am looking forward to playing as Robo soon!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:26 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
That is true but I think it's also important to remember that this isn't Robo's own universe.

Thatīs true, but still some of them sound off. I took a 40 minute vid with all the intros and while some of them are cool (the Robo Vs. Terminator ones are cute) other makes zero sense about how RoboCop would say these lines. Or he wouldnīt say these. tongue

Plus, I find funny how he shoots in the dick as a fatality. Specially while fighting to other RoboCop. I knew kicks in the groin donīt do anything on him, but if you shoot him there... tongue

RB 11786

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:24 pm Reply with quote

It had maybe 4-5 dialogue exchanged that i found interesting. The rest of the 40 minutes was pretty bland stuff.

Robo: I do not blame Lewis for what happened.
Geras: But her choice sealed your fate.
Robo: No. The thugs who shot me did that.

Scorpion: Your wife and son?
Robo: They are lost to me now.
Scorpion: The same pain sears both our hearts.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Ryou Win
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: Brazillian RoboCop Fan and M.u.g.e.n. maker. Last Updates: NeuroBrain ver.04,09,2019 for M.U.G.E.N.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:49 pm Reply with quote

. The cop in the back... Is he "Jack Lewis" from RoboCop 2014? A light reference?
. You guys can complain about this version at will. But I love these level of details in the RoboCop appearance! They even took time check the schematics of the japanese version! Even in the "Metro South shock suit version" you still can see the robotic parts!
. I know the flaws... but it still looks great at (customized) Unreal Engine 3!!

RB 1361

cake
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:18 pm Reply with quote

I think thats kinda the difference between Termi and Robo. A good chunk of Terminator's interactions were Netherrealm putting in random Arnie movie quotes. And you can't really do that with Robocop. Sorry Mr Weller

But then again this is a game where you have Robocop and Joker and Spawn talking to each other. With Joker getting some of them lines. Was surprised they didn't have Cassie do the whole "Murphy its you" scene. Because Cassie is the most meme girl in the game.

Also was kinda surprised they didn't have the 2014 suit and gear in. I guess there is a subtle nod in the alt skins but they didn't model it. Overall I am still surprised they put Robocop in there.

RB 710

cake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard