New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop confirmed for Mortal Kombat 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:13 pm Reply with quote

JohnBoyAdvance :
Also was kinda surprised they didn't have the 2014 suit and gear in.

I think that would have been really neat actually.
They apparently only have the rights for Robo1 and 2. Although they kinda cheat it by having a flamethrower and a couple of other stuff.

RB 348486

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:16 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Robo: I do not blame Lewis for what happened.
Geras: But her choice sealed your fate.
Robo: No. The thugs who shot me did that.

Scorpion: Your wife and son?
Robo: They are lost to me now.
Scorpion: The same pain sears both our hearts.

OK, these are gold. The first one is perfect because it is the closest we have ever gotten to a 'canonical' acknowledgement of Robo's stance on one of the most controversial debates from the first film. Seems people are split on both sides about who is to blame for Robo's death. Here we finally hear Robo (in Weller's voice no less) state that he does not blame Lewis. Heartwarming. And the second one is just heart-wrenching.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
JohnBoyAdvance :
Also was kinda surprised they didn't have the 2014 suit and gear in.

I think that would have been really neat actually.
They apparently only have the rights for Robo1 and 2. Although they kinda cheat it by having a flamethrower and a couple of other stuff.

But there is a Robo3 Easter Egg in there. The News Break victory pose mentions Kanemitsu Corp owning OCP

here we are https://youtu.be/SX-AH0ubhxc?t=534

Makes sense about them not having the Robo2014 suit because of licenses. Shame because would have looked good in game.

RB 710

cake
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:38 pm Reply with quote

JohnBoyAdvance :
But there is a Robo3 Easter Egg in there. The News Break victory pose mentions Kanemitsu Corp owning OCP

Oh yeah, it's a nice nod for sure. They could apparently get away with that while plainly using the gunarm and flightpack would have been too much.

It would have been nice to have Lewis make an appearance in person, but i do kinda like they respected the three movies plot enough to keep her away.

RB 348486

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
It would have been nice to have Lewis make an appearance in person, but i do kinda like they respected the three movies plot enough to keep her away.

Same, I mean we have literal Time God Robocop and he doesn't even shove her in his arcade mode ending? Maybe there are some hurt feels there...

RB 710

cake
Aberration
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:03 pm Reply with quote

JohnBoyAdvance :
Archive :

Same, I mean we have literal Time God Robocop and he doesn't even shove her in his arcade mode ending? Maybe there are some hurt feels there...

That's the funny thing to me about RoboCop's ending, he only does ONE thing that really requires the hourglass, and that was to prevent Kabal's injuries.

RB 67

cake
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:24 pm Reply with quote

To all the geek, tech guys who are playing Mortal Kombat: there are any way to get Roboīs dialogue without sound effects and such? Just Wellerīs voice.

Iīm doing a fan edit of something and Iīd like to see if I could use some of these on it. Itīd be interesting to try and see if itīd fit.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:39 pm Reply with quote

I'll see if I can unlock some of the gear and experiment because sometimes in previous Netherrealm games certain gear/skins result in some different effects put on the voices.

RB 710

cake
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:47 pm Reply with quote

JohnBoyAdvance :
I'll see if I can unlock some of the gear and experiment because sometimes in previous Netherrealm games certain gear/skins result in some different effects put on the voices.

I got old... Ah, the times where you have a videogame and you just have to go into some folder to find the audio .wav files. I could use the dialogue from the Titus one, but I doubt no one would like to hear Robo saying "Oh, yeah" tongue

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Ahh, I think nowadays sound effects files are just in weird file formats that only work in game. Plus I got the PS4 version.

RB 710

cake
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:17 pm Reply with quote

I too would be very interested in those Weller lines.
I'm sure it is possible to rip from MK11, as all voices and fx was ripped from the previous game. Mortal Kombat X.

https://www.sounds-resource.com/pc_computer/mortalkombatx/

RB 348486

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I too would be very interested in those Weller lines.
I'm sure it is possible to rip from MK11, as all voices and fx was ripped from the previous game. Mortal Kombat X.

I remember back then when the Rock Band games were released there were sites when they uploaded the songs on a 5.1 mix. Even The Beatles, a band which recorded with four tracks at the begining, had a pretty neat separation between drums, bass, guitars and such. So I assume for a recent game there would be a way to get the lines without music and sound fxs in the mix.

Iīd like to try to see the fan edit Iīm doing would work with Wellerīs dialogue. Itīd be easier if the final result would be ok than finding someone to dub stuff later.

RB 11786

Lethal Response
Crime Prevention Unit

L-L3

Comment: Carrying enough firepower to get the job done.

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:23 am Reply with quote

I was rooting all the while for Cyrax and Sektor to be playable... their redesigns are awesome but I was overjoyed that we received RoboCop with a couple of their moves incorporated. NetherRealm Studios has really done a great job.

I have most of the gear unlocked now... not a huge fan of some of it though. Really want to get the unmasked head more than anything.

RB 437

RoboCain-monitor
Lethal Response
Crime Prevention Unit

L-L3

Comment: Carrying enough firepower to get the job done.

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:53 pm Reply with quote

After completely reviewing this thread, I want to add that I agree about the dialogue in most instances... while I'm glad Weller voiced the character, it's as if they ended up with a mix of R1 & R2. I've joked with people in Mortal Kombat groups that after one of the fatalities, he should say, "Thank you, for not smoking." Granted, I understand people wanting this to be a SERIOUS Robo and not the mind scrambled version.

I've been playing MK since 92 and he's pretty on par with most of the guests they've included. I'm happier to have a character with actual dialogue than if they had included more guests that don't really say anything. (MKX did that a lot) Plus, it's a character I love so I'm very happy.

Visually, I don't mind the design at all but the circles on the upper thighs bend and look really strange at times. It's pretty awesome to see Robo in metallic gold, battle damaged, etc.

If you haven't played it, I will say this. After using the character for a few days, he's actually a ton of fun to use. Try the different variations, figure out if you prefer the assault cannon or sektor-style missiles. The fatalities are excellent but the Brutalities are just way more fun to do.

Playing it now, it really makes me want a new RoboCop game. Hell, even a side-scroller of this quality would be appreciated. RoboCop vs Terminator Remake anyone? Shocked

RB 437

RoboCain-monitor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard