New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Questions to the RoboDoc team - Ask anything
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:09 pm Reply with quote

The Robodoc team has reached out to the archive and would like to answer any questions or concern you might have about the production.
When there's a bunch of questions the RoboDoc team will have a look at them and the answers will be posted here and on the site shortly after.

They want to hear ANY question you have even if it is a critical one. As long as it all done in a civil way.

Go Robo!

RB 348819

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Has there been any success in locating the deleted scenes from ROBOCOP 2? Were the producers, editors and assistants asked to help?

If not, it would be great to hear them all on-camera and explain what they remember. How they played, what they featured and why they were cut (beyond the usual "for time" reasons).

With THE SERIES, is there any likelihood, no matter how small it is, that some clips from the best episodes could be presented in HD? Have the producers and editors of that show been asked whether the original negatives still exist?

We know it was edited on videotape and would be labour heavy to reconstruct. But from that, you would have the raw camera footage, outtakes, deleted scenes and the opportunity to assemble whatever gag reel they put together (at the time) in hi-def.

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:58 pm Reply with quote

Is it still possible to donate now and have our names included in the credits? As a huge fan It pains me that I missed out on it.

RB 1031

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:15 am Reply with quote

Archive :

The Robodoc team has reached out to the archive and would like to answer any questions or concern you might have about the production.

When there is a bunch of questions made I'll forward them along (or give them the link to this topic). The answers will be posted here and on the site.

They want to hear ANY question you have even if it is a critical one. As long as it all done in a civil way.

Fire away!

This is really great news, I have been rather outspoken about my opinion on a specific aspect of these documentaries, and I have one burning and direct question that I would love to have answered:

QUESTION:
Approximately how much time will be spent in the documentaries discussing RoboCop comic books, and which publishers (Marvel, Dark Horse, etc) will be discussed?

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
QUESTION:
Approximately how much time will be spent in the documentaries discussing RoboCop comic books, and which publishers (Marvel, Dark Horse, etc) will be discussed?

Since Pimp will cover the comics, I´ll ask the following:

How much behind the scenes/interviews/raw footage/deleted scenes, etc. should we expect for the RoboRelated TV productions (The Series, Prime Directives, the Marvel and Alpha Commando cartoons) in the finished RoboDoc?

RB 12188

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Since Pimp will cover the comics, I´ll ask the following:

How much behind the scenes/interviews/raw footage/deleted scenes, etc. should we expect for the RoboRelated TV productions (The Series, Prime Directives, the Marvel and Alpha Commando cartoons) in the finished RoboDoc?

Thanks for that, I know we are on the same page about wanting as much 'legacy' content as possible but the comics are my priority and did not want to bombard them with too much in one question. However between our two questions if they are both answered I think that would give us and fans like us a lot of peace in mind. Even if they said "sorry we're not talking about the Avatar comics or Alpha Commando" at least we would know and not have to wonder about it for the next few years. Hopefully these questions will indicate how important that content is to some of us and will encourage them to dig deeper for the later documentaries on RoboCop 2 and 3.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:32 am Reply with quote

In the teaser, we saw Robert Burke speaking about RoboCop 3 and he swore, but it was beeped out. Can you confirm that was just a one-off joke done specifically for the trailer and all interviews and footage in RoboDoc 3 will be uncensored? May sound silly, but I just want to make sure, I don't want to watch a censored documentary as one big elaborate joke just because the film itself was aimed at kids! Laughing

RB 19226

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:33 pm Reply with quote

the trailer for the Doc is looking really sharp..

coming up with questions is tricky because we've all been on this site and seen more docs on Robo then most people. It will be interesting to see if there anything we dont already know.

question:

will there be possibly a chance to get some behind the scenes video on also more contemporary instances of robo? like the process of the robocop 2014, and even how Robocop came to be a quest in Mortal Kombat?

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:08 am Reply with quote

QUESTION:
The RoboCop soundtracks, or remixed versions, doesn't seem to be played in the documentary.
Will you have a section of the doc dedicated to the music/composers in some form?

RB 348819

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:44 am Reply with quote

Can we buy it if we missed the kickstarter ?

RB 1199

game-xbox
RoboEd
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:17 pm Reply with quote

Hi, all. Long-time RoboCop Archive lurker, first-time poster. Thanks to the RoboDoc guys for giving RoboCop fans an opportunity to ask them questions about the upcoming documentary, something I've been looking forward to for a long time.

My few questions for the RoboDoc team...

1. This is probably a bit of a morbid question, but how much outtakes/dailies/raw unedited footage from Murphy's death did you guys uncover? Were the close-up shot(s) and the low-angle-looking-up shot of Murphy being shotgunned, as well as the shot of him falling to his knees, among the raw/unedited footage you found? I've always wanted to see the full unedited takes of these shots. If you did indeed find the raw footage of these shots, I'd love to see them featured in the documentary (or on the documentary's DVD/blu-ray extras, perhaps in the form of a b-roll montage like the one on the recent Arrow RoboCop blu-ray).

2. Did you uncover any workprints or previously unreleased deleted scenes from all three original films?

3. Aside from Peter Weller and Rob Bottin, were there any individuals involved in the RoboCop franchise in general (movies, TV show, cartoons, etc) you wanted to interview but were unable to for whatever reason?

4. Will the RoboDoc (and any accompany extras on the DVD & blu-ray) have any English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired? As someone who has hearing problems, I'm hoping the answer will be yes.

RB 26

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:49 am Reply with quote

Pimp and ChAnOoD pointed out the questions I was most interested in, so I guess I'll ask about the video-games and toys:

- Will there be segments focused on Kenner and Toy Island and their efforts to sell Robotoys to kids? Interviews with designers, concept art, prototypes, etc...

- Will there be segments on RoboCop video-games? The previews mention this, but how much focus will there be on them? The franchise was pretty important to the European micro-computer scene, the UK especially, considering most versions were developed by Ocean. I know that Oliver Harper did a pretty thorough interview with one of the people who worked on the SNES/MD version of "RoboCop 3" and pages of the design documents for Virgin's "RoboCop vs the Terminator" recently surfaced online. Is this something that the team will pursue to include in the Docs?

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboDoc
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:08 pm Reply with quote

We’ll start by just compiling a few questions to try and give everyone a clear picture of what they can expect. We can appreciate that this project has evolved over the years and things have changed a lot.

• How much behind the scenes/interviews/raw footage/deleted scenes, etc. should we expect for the RoboRelated TV productions (The Series, Prime Directives, the Marvel and Alpha Commando cartoons) in the finished RoboDoc? Even if they said "sorry we're not talking about the Avatar comics or Alpha Commando" at least we would know and not have to wonder about it for the next few years.

Hopefully these questions will indicate how important that content is to some of us and will encourage them to dig deeper for the later documentaries on RoboCop 2 and 3. will there be possibly a chance to get some behind the scenes video on also more contemporary instances of robo? like the process of the robocop 2014, and even how Robocop came to be a quest in Mortal Kombat?

Here’s everything you can expect from RoboDoc ROBODOC (STANDALONE DOCUMENTARY): 4 + hour documentary, covering the first film in great detail scene by scene from conception to release, reception and legacy. For those fans saying “But we’ve heard everything there is to know about the first Robocop” Please trust us when we say that there’s so much more in store which is completely new trivia, like important and interesting stuff. There’s no other documentary that has ever taken this approach and we’ve only done so because the content is worthwhile. We’re HUGE fans of these movies, and that’s not just the first film and just like you guys on RoboCop archive we were frequent uses of the site before this project started. We know what sort of things fellow fans want to see and we’re doing our best to shed light on it! You’re in good hands.

ROBODOC 2 (STANDALONE DOCUMENTARY): 2.5 hr documentary covering the making of RoboCop 2 with an opening prologue on what happened with Corporate Wars featuring Michael Miner, Ed Neumeier and Paul Sammon before going into the making of the second film. Detailing the many changes in direction and ultimately what came to be.

ROBODOC 3 (STANDALONE DOCUMENTARY): 2 hr (approx) documentary on the making of RoboCop 3 featuring detailed interviews from firsttime interviewees, Robert Burke, John Castle and Remy Ryan.

ROBODOC: THE SERIES (EXTRA FEATURE): 1 hour (approx) mini documentary on the making of the 1994 Canadian series featuring, Richard Eden, Blu Mankuma, James Kidnie, director Paul Lynch and series producer, J. Miles Dale.

ROBODOC: OCEAN GAMES (EXTRA FEATURE): 20 minute (approx) standalone feature on the Ocean games with OCEAN VP, Gary Bracey.

ROBODOC: MARVEL COMICS (EXTRA FEATURE): 30 minute (approx) stand-alone feature with artist, Lee Sullivan on his involvement and the journey of RoboCop during his initial comic book run. The comic books will also get general mentions where relevant to each of the 3 movies. So you can expect some comic book chatter to be in all of the docs in some form and does include other comic book lines, just not in great detail.

RoboCop: The Animated Series does get some acknowledgment in our interview discussions for RoboCop 2 and RoboCop 3 and how the cartoon affected the direction of the sequels these comments will appear in the legacy sections of RoboDoc 2 and RoboDoc 3. Again, our project’s
main focus is the 3 movies and how any spin-off content may have affected or played a part in those movies and everything surrounding Orion Pictures during that trilogy. Anything not on the list may get a general mention but there’s no plan to detail anything extra. The Avatar comics, Alpha Commando, Prime Directives or the RoboCop (2014) reboot are not covered. We have to draw the line somewhere with such a small team working on this. It’s everything within that 1987-1997 window during Orion Pictures’ original run.

Our editing team consists of just 2 people, co-directors Eastwood (handling all post-production on RoboCop 1) and Chris (currently assembling edits for RoboCop 2 & RoboCop 3) so we hope everyone can understand why the project is taking so long. This project is entirely independently produced and all of the team have full-time jobs outside of RoboDoc. Please continue to bear with us.

RB 90

cake
RoboDoc
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:12 pm Reply with quote

• Will there be segments focused on Kenner and Toy Island and their efforts to sell Robotoys to kids? Interviews with designers, concept art, prototypes, etc...

Unfortunately we we unable to acquire anyone from Kenner to go in-depth on this topic, but we did incorporate the question of the toys and kids to those we interviewed, as for ourselves like many others, we encountered RoboCop at a young age and it’s just batshit how such a film could eventually make it’s way to kids toy lines and lunch boxes. We do have general coverage of the toy lines and even insights from cast & crew on their takes on the toys. these will appear in the film documentaries within the legacy sections.

• Will there be segments on RoboCop video-games? The previews mention this, but how much focus will there be on them? The franchise was pretty important to the European micro-computer scene, the UK especially, considering most versions were developed by Ocean. I know that Oliver Harper did a pretty thorough interview with one of the people who worked on the SNES/MD version of "RoboCop 3" and pages of the design documents for Virgin's "RoboCop vs the Terminator" recently surfaced online. Is this something that the team will pursue to include in the Docs?

We will have a 20-30 minute special feature on the OCEAN games with the (then) vice president of OCEAN, Gary Bracey who discusses how they acquired the rights to the first game, how it became one of the highest selling number 1’s at the time and how they worked through RoboCop 2 and 3(D).

• Has there been any success in locating the deleted scenes from ROBOCOP 2? Were the producers, editors and assistants asked to help? If not, it would be great to hear them all on-camera and explain what they remember. How they played, what they featured and why they were cut (beyond the usual "for time" reasons).
Regarding the actual deleted scenes from RoboCop 2, we’ve asked if they exist in any form and the answer from several people involved at Orion Pictures has been “They are nowhere to be found”, So we don't have the actual deleted scenes footage that was shot from RoboCop 2. We do have the behind the scenes footage of many of the scenes as they’re being shot though, some of which has audio. We also have interviewees including many of those involved in the scenes detailing the content of those scenes. We’re doing our best to shed light on those scenes in detail and why they were omitted/changed.

RB 90

cake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard