New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The bullet hole in Robos head
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:09 am Reply with quote

It's seems to be a common belief by some that the bullet that killed Murphy is somehow still in his forehead and that the creators of RoboCop for some reason just left the bullet there.

Of course in the movie, most noticeable in the directors cut, we see the bullet exit the back of his head so the actual bullet still being there doesn't really make sense.

Murphy's skin is stretched over a metal skull so shouldn't we just see metal under the hole, whereas on Robo we see a metal thing sticking UP out of the bullet hole. What's that all about?

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Robomania
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:39 am Reply with quote

Very true, also why not repair cosmetically anyway, I guess they wanted to leave the mark of how he died?

RB 166

BIONICS BOB
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:30 pm Reply with quote

I've always thought of it as just a crude plug

RB 420

comic3-robocop game-xbox
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Maybe it's a strong magnet to help the helmet stay in place? Laughing

Or maybe it is a sensor of some sort for temperature or humidity? They could have covered it over, but maybe it wasn't easy to do, after all, towards the back of the skin, they cut a small rectangle out for some metal work, and there's a very thin line of flesh behind it. Why even bother with such a small piece of flesh, just cut it off!

RB 18145

Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:33 pm Reply with quote

In the series the hole is pretty similar to the movies but, as we all know, in PD the make up is terrible.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:34 pm Reply with quote

In PD it actually looks like a bullet sticking out of his head, but that begs the question, why did they leave it in there in the first place?

RB 18145

BIONICS BOB
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Horrible. I forgot how bad that was

RB 420

comic3-robocop game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:36 am Reply with quote

BIONICS BOB :

Same.

That said, leaving it and not just covering it up probably follows with the whole theory of keeping/using Murphy's face to begin with - A psychological buffer. The face needs to be more-or-less 'as-is' and accordingly needs to have at least some kind of showing/indicator of the wound that 'killed' him, without which could potentially be such a psycho-emotional shock it could drive him nutso same as if he had no face or just a generic face.

As for the plug being more 'pronounced' over time and in certain forms of Robo media (it's quite obvious in some comics as well, but less so still in others), I figure that's just a bit of artistic license. In the case of the live-action stuff license on the makeup which depending on the time and budget could look better or worse - The latter most especially applicable in PD's case. Blargh.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
BIONICS BOB
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:02 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
leaving it and not just covering it up probably follows with the whole theory of keeping/using Murphy's face to begin with - A psychological buffer. The face needs to be more-or-less 'as-is' and accordingly needs to have at least some kind of showing/indicator of the wound that 'killed' him, without which could potentially be such a psycho-emotional shock it could drive him nutso same as if he had no face or just a generic face.

As for the plug being more 'pronounced' over time and in certain forms of Robo media (it's quite obvious in some comics as well, but less so still in others), I figure that's just a bit of artistic license. In the case of the live-action stuff license on the makeup which depending on the time and budget could look better or worse - The latter most especially applicable in PD's case. Blargh.

Well said. Excellent analysis

RB 420

comic3-robocop game-xbox
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:39 am Reply with quote

I mean while Murphy was still alive, somehow, after getting Boddickered the skin definitely wouldn't have had enough time to heal. And any attempt to fix it afterward would have just looked out of place.

The joys of going to a "caring for the recently deceased" class. Smile

RB 710

cake
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:17 pm Reply with quote

BIONICS BOB :

The question is, a plug for what? If the skin was stretched over a metal skull, there is no longer a hole to plug.

RB 348130

BIONICS BOB
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
BIONICS BOB :

The question is, a plug for what? If the skin was stretched over a metal skull, there is no longer a hole to plug.

Perhaps it's so the skin doesn't snag on something and rip his face off lol

RB 420

comic3-robocop game-xbox
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:31 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
It's seems to be a common belief by some that the bullet that killed Murphy is somehow still in his forehead and that the creators of RoboCop for some reason just left the bullet there.

Of course in the movie, most noticeable in the directors cut, we see the bullet exit the back of his head so the actual bullet still being there doesn't really make sense.

Murphy's skin is stretched over a metal skull so shouldn't we just see metal under the hole, whereas on Robo we see a metal thing sticking UP out of the bullet hole. What's that all about?

It's got to be said, as it isn't said enough. Dupuis did an incredible job in making Burke look like Weller. I know there's a slight resemblance between the actors but I would guess that someone that isn't a fan would not even notice they are a different person unmasked (not counting the voice, just the appearance).

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:46 pm Reply with quote

NukeLord :
I know there's a slight resemblance between the actors but I would guess that someone that isn't a fan would not even notice they are a different person unmasked (not counting the voice, just the appearance).

First time I saw R3 as a kid I kept going "Is it the same guy? It is right? Waaaiiit...that's not the same guy...is it?" Smile

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard