New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Galyn Gorg (1964-2020)

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:40 pm Reply with quote

According to Steve LaChance, Galyn Görg has passed today. There are a few posts dedicated to her on his Instagram account.

http://world-today-news.com/galyn-gorg-dies-farewell-to-fantastico-actress-and-dancer-on-her-56th-birthday/

Such a big loss. She was friendly and fun. Had the opportunity to chat with her about Robo 2 for my magazine and she did her best to make me feel comfortable (I was talking with Angie!). She even followed some artwork and stuff I did after that, which I found cute. Rest In Peace.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Lethal Response
Crime Prevention Unit

L-L3

Comment: Carrying enough firepower to get the job done.

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:00 pm Reply with quote

I just saw the article on Facebook.

Terribly sad news. 56 is too young.
Condolences to all that knew her.

RB 437

RoboCain-monitor
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:19 pm Reply with quote

Lethal Response :
Terribly sad news. 56 is too young.

Yup. Way too soon. Plus, she looked amazing, and I assume she took care of herself (that, or she had great genes). Again, I felt like a friend passed away. She was a really nice person.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Update: She died of cancer. There´s a Gofundme for her funeral:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/22mhd3oac0?fbclid=IwAR0w8cI33ouT4FSXK2Pp1SikF4i3sxzeUPr9MzgfWNUmC-m-uQVg1yog1_A

RB 11786

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:28 pm Reply with quote

That's really sad to read, especially since she died on her birthday.

56 is no age and as she was a dancer, she was in great shape. Just goes to show that even if you're fit and healthy the big C can still strike and cruelly take you too soon. My condolences to her family and friends. I trust the makers of RoboDoc will add her to the 'in memoriam' credits they are sure to have on the documentary.

Rest in peace, Galyn.

RB 18145

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:53 pm Reply with quote

A very cool person who gladly answered my questions about her role.Sad.

RB 1199

game-xbox
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:10 pm Reply with quote

Very sad. I was always a fan (as my avatar pic suggests).

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:36 pm Reply with quote

This is of course heartbreaking to any RoboCop fan. However, the silver lining is I believe she already finished all her interviews for the upcoming RoboDoc, or rather the documentary about RoboCop 2 that will follow the first Doc. Since RoboCop 2 seems to have been her biggest or at least most well known role I think that the documentary will be a fitting tribute to her and I look forward to hearing her 'last words' on the subject. RIP.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Rest in peace Galyn. Far too young.

RB 710

cake
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:03 pm Reply with quote

That is so sad. I really liked her role in Robocop 2, not just as Cain's best girl, but as a major baddie in the movie! The scene where she meets RoboCain is really chilling. The notion that she could have still been his girlfriend after his robo-rebirth would have been an interesting direction to take. I almost wished the movie makers did more with that idea. RoboCain, being ultimate evil just snaps her neck like a twig, but there was no explanation for it! Was he mad at her for taking off with Hobb and leaving him for dead? Was he suffering the same resurrection remorse that RoboCop deals with, only reacting with rage? Does RoboCain feel anything or is he just the bad robot to fight RoboCop. These are some things that I wonder about looking back at her role. Maybe RoboCop 2 would have been a deeper movie if it's namesake was vocal or had to come to terms with things as they are like RoboCop did in the first movie. I'm not thinking that he would come to the same conclusions Murphy did. Having him lash out in a rage seems consistent with the previous RoboCop 2 prototypes and with Cain's psychotic brain at the driver's seat. I can only wonder.
Rest in Peace, Galyn. You will always have a place of high regard in the RoboCop Archive Forum.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:39 pm Reply with quote

Ugh terrible news which, just found out today. Cancer is just an awful plague these days. Very sad

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard