New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

VHS Screeners for Robocop 1/2

edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:45 am Reply with quote

By luck I managed to get my hands on them but not having a vhs player I always wondered what the content of it was compared to the actual release? Im guessing they are the same? The original Robocop was really hard for me to get and took months so im guessing they are pretty rare. Anyways I have them for the sake of having them.

RB 1031

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:19 am Reply with quote

Very nice. I wonder if the quality is any better than the screener deleted scenes we have seen already on YouTube.

VHS players can be found quite cheap these days, as can the kit to hook up to them to be able to convert it to an .mp4 file on your computer. I have both here and am digitising old tapes as we speak.

RB 18145

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:23 am Reply with quote

I'm assuming it is a screener that was sent out to video rental stores?

The Robo3 screener had a fun sales pitch video (can be seen on youtube) but i am unsure if the Robo1 and 2 tapes also has some this pre film stuff,

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:40 am Reply with quote

You can digitize them in some places if you don't own a vcr.

RB 1199

game-xbox
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:35 pm Reply with quote

i believe it is the ones they sent out to rental stores but not sure about the original robocop but guessing its the same, rental preview. says "Screening preview" on the box and it has the orion logo in different colors. ive got a captured card and i should be able to find an old vcr. ill let you know unless someone knows for sure and says otherwise by then. thanks for the replies!

RB 1031

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:43 am Reply with quote

edgeofthecosmos :
i believe it is the ones they sent out to rental stores but not sure about the original robocop but guessing its the same, rental preview. says "Screening preview" on the box and it has the orion logo in different colors. ive got a captured card and i should be able to find an old vcr. ill let you know unless someone knows for sure and says otherwise by then. thanks for the replies!

I have screeners for the trilogy and the series pilot episode. The Robo1 screener is just the theatrical cut, no extras or even trailers. The Robo2 one has some promo stuff before the movie like advertising to rental shops to get them to buy lots of VHS copies…. but not as much as the Robo3 tape, like Archive mentioned.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:20 pm Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
I have screeners for the trilogy and the series pilot episode. The Robo1 screener is just the theatrical cut, no extras or even trailers. The Robo2 one has some promo stuff before the movie like advertising to rental shops to get them to buy lots of VHS copies…. but not as much as the Robo3 tape, like Archive mentioned.

Any interesting stuff from The Series? Just curious.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:37 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
POCOBOR :

Any interesting stuff from The Series? Just curious.

Wow man sorry for the late reply! Nah nothing really interesting or that we haven’t seen before on The Series screener. I’ll have to go back and check but if memory serves, it’s just a bunch of promo voiceover on top of footage from the pilot episode. Robo3 screener really brought it with the promo stuff having all those original interviews and a few BTS snippets. I never gave screener tapes a second thought until I saw a YouTube clip of the beginning of a Child’s Play screener that was very elaborate…it was a Chucky puppet talking promo stuff for the video release (CP2 I believe) and then I got obsessed with tracking down the Robo tapes….REALLY hoping the ‘87 screener would have something I’d never seen before. No such luck though. Not even a trailer, just the movie with copyright text sliding across the screen every few minutes. The VHS sleeve is kinda cool though.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard