New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: Rogue City - New game
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:16 pm Reply with quote

Surprise. A new RoboCop first-person view action game has just been announced titled Rogue City. It will be released 2023 for consoles and PC. More info when it becomes available.

Become the iconic part man, part machine, all cop hero as you attempt to bring justice to the dangerous, crime-ridden streets of Old Detroit. Armed with your trusty Auto-9, factory-built strength, years of experience on the force and a variety of tools at your disposal, you will fight forces seeking to destroy the city you call home in an all new first-person, explosive hunt for the truth. You have the power to decide how to fulfill prime directives in your own way, but as the story unfolds proceed with caution because corruption and greed know no limits.

Coming 2023 for Consoles and PC.

Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyGdEpy5TK0

A new RoboCop game? Shocked

*** Edited for news post

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:00 pm Reply with quote

I don't know what to think. 2023? It is obviously a very early announcement.

At first i figured it was just a mobile game but it says consoles and PC so yeah. Very surprising news.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:29 pm Reply with quote

This teaser does not give us much to work with but of course it is great to hear about any new RoboCop game. And this is supposed to be a FPS, brand new story, something fans have been dreaming of since the 2003 RoboCop game... but that game was so disappointing I can't help but feel a bit of reservation about this very low stakes trailer.

This game will be made by Teyon, who made the Terminator: Resistance game a couple years ago. That game got poor reviews and looked pretty generic, though I have heard a couple people say it is underrated. I'm happy to see this game is being made by a fairly experienced developer at least. Even if we just got a generic but OK Robocop game like Resistance, that would still be satisfying since there has never been a good first RoboCop game or anything like it really. But I also hope they can build off what they learned from Resistance to make Rogue City a truly good game.

The 2023 date seems far off, but honestly gives me a bit more confidence. If they gave us that trailer and said it was coming out next year, I would be worried. It looks like they are committed to taking the time to make a full fledged RoboCop game. And I have been dreaming of that forever, so I am cautiously optimistic about this. However, I think they might have been better off just announcing the game with the logo, because the trailer really does not look too good. But the idea is good so I am definitely looking forward to playing it no matter what.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Concept images.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:35 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
The 2023 date seems far off, but honestly gives me a bit more confidence.

I felt the same. You could think they´ll spend time to get things right.

According to Gamespot:
Quote:
You play as Alex Murphy AKA RoboCop in the game.

According to Nacon, Rogue City is faithful to the original IP, and has you saving the city of Detroit from criminals and "crooked corporations" in a first-person action adventure setting.

"We're delighted to be teaming up with MGM to offer a new vision of a popular franchise that was created over 30 years ago. This game is the perfect fit to pursue our aim of offering different gaming experiences to the widest possible audience," Nacon CEO Alain Falc said.

MGM boss Robert Marick added, "We're very much looking forward to collaborating with Nacon and Teyon to bring one of MGM's most timeless IPs back to gaming platforms with a brand-new story. The film is known for gripping action and complex storytelling, and we are excited for RoboCop fans to experience this first hand through the game."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-robocop-game-coming-in-2023-from-terminator-developer/1100-6493596/

Quote:
Rogue City is slated for release in 2023 on console and PC. The RoboCop series celebrates its 35th anniversary in 2022.

I wonder if all the copyright claims from The Series, the recent Amazon deal and an anniversary would lead to more RoboStuff to be announced or planned for 2022...

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:48 pm Reply with quote

that last one...do i see nuke graffiti?

But anyway. Some of that blurb sounds interesting. Fulfil your prime directives in your own way... First Person. Developed by the guys who did Terminator Resistance which was fine apparently.

Im scared... Do I believe? Also have they used the MK11 Robocop model?

RB 710

cake
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:48 pm Reply with quote

never in a million years would i imagine that a robocop game would be released now, much less using the old model if we were to go by concept art. however this almost makes me believe a movie will come out in tandem with the game or close together. depending on fidelity of the game(how was terminator?) they would never waste time on a franchise such as robocop unless it had a reason, whether movie or tv series or something. If devs see this post, please include CAIN in some form Smile.

edit: so far everything ive heard about Terminator Resistance, including posts here is that it was not bad, so who knows.

RB 1031

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:50 am Reply with quote

edgeofthecosmos :
however this almost makes me believe a movie will come out in tandem with the game or close together. depending on fidelity of the game(how was terminator?) they would never waste time on a franchise such as robocop unless it had a reason, whether movie or tv series or something

There could be some truth to this. While Resistance was unrelated to the Terminator movie Dark Fate, it came out around the same time, within a month or so of the movie's release. It was obviously designed to capitalize on the hype of a new movie, so they could definitely be doing something similar with RoboCop. But I would not get too excited, video game and movie release dates don't mean much anymore, and delays are always possible. So if this is part of a larger Robo marketing push it might take even longer than the 2023 release date to get in motion. And there's always the chance of being cancelled. Still, the announcement of this game out of the blue does inspire more hope for Robo projects in near future.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:03 am Reply with quote

They did say that the game will "cover" the events of the original trilogy, so I would expect there to be references to things such as Nuke, the Rehabs etc. to include elements from R2 and R3 and isn't a R1 heavy game.

It's nice to see the Amazon deal means things are moving apace. Hopefully it isn't too long before they announce RoboCop Returns more officially and build even more hype or a new Prime Video series that is adult orientated, not for the kiddies.

RB 18145

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Can't be worse than the remake folks.

RB 1199

game-xbox
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:13 pm Reply with quote

It's definitely a surprising announcement, but I'm not holding my breath for something spectacular (or heck, even something releasing...yeah, grim...I know). It'd be interesting to see if Weller will be back for it - don't know if these guys will have the WB cash that secured him for MK11.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:07 pm Reply with quote

Lets see what were working with here
https://corporate.nacongaming.com/en/video-games/

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:52 am Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
Lets see what were working with here
https://corporate.nacongaming.com/en/video-games/

*sees Werewolf the apocalypse earthblood* We are not dealing with good writers.

RB 710

cake
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:01 pm Reply with quote

It's Teycon who will make the actual game. I believe Nacon is only distributing it or something. (Before this i hadn't heard of either company. )
https://teyon.com/

Their last game was "Terminator Resistance" so that is probably as close to getting to know how the RoboCop game will be. Haven't played it myself but from what i have seen it is best to keep our expectations moderate low.
This is never going to be a massive triple A open world game like GTA as it's a small studio. I suspect it will be very similar to the TITUS game in gameplay but hopefully better.

RB 348130

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard