New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: Rogue City - New game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:30 pm Reply with quote

I don't know how to add photos to a post but I did notice in some of the Nacon concept art for Nacon Connect they've nailed Weller's big lips and the Robo-Helmet looks a little beat up...may be a taste of what to expect?

Terminator: Resistance isn't a groundbreaking A++ game but its an enjoyable shooter with RPG elements, completely respectful to the lore and easily the best Terminator game ever released. Many Terminator fans who have played it regard it as Terminator 3 in their head canon.

I think we're in great hands with Teyon. They might not have an A++ budget but lore is evidently important to them so I'm genuinely excited to see what they do with this unloved and underappreciated Robo franchise.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:19 pm Reply with quote

NukeLord :
I don't know how to add photos to a post but I did notice in some of the Nacon concept art for Nacon Connect they've nailed Weller's big lips and the Robo-Helmet looks a little beat up...may be a taste of what to expect?

That image was pretty neat!

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:34 pm Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ2hZ-4JCTE

RB 1199

game-xbox
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:15 pm Reply with quote

Peter Weller is confirmed!

I really enjoyed the trailer. I think we're in very good hands.

RB 3079

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:25 pm Reply with quote

I thought it was really great. Had some nice moments and callbacks. Having Weller back is a pleasant surprise.

The graphics are perfectly fine but nothing spectacular. This was never going to be a big budget AAA title but i can understand some people being disappointing by the dated graphics.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:05 pm Reply with quote

Colour me interested. I see it's going on the Switch but also Steam, so I might pick this up.

RB 18145

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:10 pm Reply with quote

The trailer blew me away and exceeded my expectations. Having Weller back is huge and not something I thought would actually happen. I think that speaks to this game having somewhat higher production values than Resistance, and seems this developer is going the right direction. Two of my biggest concerns were the audio and visual style. Not only do we have Weller back but the city looks great in this trailer, with a nice level of detail and a sheek yet seedy vibe. I know this game is not cutting edge in terms of graphics and may not be up to everyone's standards, but my concern is more about style than technical quality and on this front I was very happy with what I saw.

The only thing I felt this trailer was lacking were solid shots of gameplay, the footage cut so quickly it was hard to get a feel for the moment to moment flow of combat. There were a couple quick shots of Robo pulling some melee moves to sent enemies flying which looks like a lot of fun. During the ED-209 fight you can see him shoot something on the ceiling and crumble down on ED. These moments look great but I still do have many questions about the overall gameplay and story. Still, this was a great trailer that revealed more than I expected. And it's less than a year away! It will be a tough wait but this is the most excited I've been for a new RoboCop product in many years.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:38 am Reply with quote

Looks pretty great. The company claimed Peter Weller will be provide the voice, which is a surprise (but in the trailer the voice clip at the end was from the first film). I´m not a gamer (I play 8, 16 bit games from time to time and that´s all), so I can´t complain much about technical aspects.

The enviroment is really cool, I dig the dark mood and industrial landscapes depicted there.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:24 pm Reply with quote

They better update the "Targeting" graphics to actually be the robo-vision font and in green! (BankGothic I believe it is).

RB 18145

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:45 pm Reply with quote

Rick :
They better update the "Targeting" graphics to actually be the robo-vision font and in green! (BankGothic I believe it is).

Yeah, I was a little bit annoyed by that, but I guess it´s just temporary. I meant, why bothering with the crosshair thing when you put a bland fond in white? I´m sure it´ll be changed in the finished game. It´d be stupid to fail on an easy task when you´re putting effort on other aspects of the game Laughing

RB 11786

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:44 am Reply with quote

Rick :

I hear ya about Robo-Vision for an authentic experience but I hope that is something that can be toggled on or off. It may make things very blurred - mainstream players probably won't like it - and we need this game to be successful in the mainstream to encourage more RoboCop games in the near future.

RB 3079

Parkan2005
Verbally challenged

L-L2

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:24 pm Reply with quote

Well at least something new in Robocop franshise coming.Waiting for June 2023.

RB 605

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:37 pm Reply with quote

I noticed in some promo art for the game that they credit "RoboCop-RoboCop 3 - 1987-1993 (C) Orion Pictures"... so are there going to be elements of RoboCop 2 and 3 in the game as well I wonder? It would be odd to give credit for 2 movies if there weren't anything in the game to do with them... Perhaps RoboCain makes an appearance or you have to do something with Nuke, or *shudder* the flight pack is hidden somewhere...

RB 18145

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:46 pm Reply with quote

Rick :
I noticed in some promo art for the game that they credit "RoboCop-RoboCop 3 - 1987-1993 (C) Orion Pictures"... so are there going to be elements of RoboCop 2 and 3 in the game as well I wonder? It would be odd to give credit for 2 movies if there weren't anything in the game to do with them... Perhaps RoboCain makes an appearance or you have to do something with Nuke, or *shudder* the flight pack is hidden somewhere...

Considering this developer stuffed so many references in Terminator: Resistance I definitely expect we will see at least some easter eggs related to RoboCop 2 and 3 and maybe even the Series and beyond. Terminator is a bit of a different case where the second one is considered the best with all the important lore stuff, but I still think their focus for Rogue City won't just be on the first movie. I don't know if they'd be able to get the jetpack working but the gunarm from RoboCop 3 seems like it would be an easy and beloved inclusion. What I have been imagining is a game set between 2 and 3 that introduces Robo to the gunarm for the first time and sets up the conflict with the splatterpunks. What we will probably get is more of a loose sequel to the original like basically every other RoboCop spinoff, but even then I am sure they will include some nods to the expanded RoboCop universe.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard