New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: Rogue City - New game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

RoboFan
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:50 am Reply with quote

I'm playing through Terminator Resistance now. While not great it has a endearing quality that you cannot put your finger on.

I think a small developer gave it a really good effort and hopefully, having grown maybe and improved or perhaps with a bigger budget, Rogue City can be better.

Cautious optimism here.

RB 34

RoboFan
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:38 pm Reply with quote

You can pre-order now on Amazon.

In the UK it's £49.99.

RB 34

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:18 pm Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOl02pJds1w

RB 1199

game-xbox
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:06 pm Reply with quote

So the release has been pushed back, I hope its to correct Weller's voice as he sounds awful in this gameplay reveal. I hope they also correct the HUD to the proper RoboCop look. Can't say I'm a fan of the slo-mo shooting parts either. Being FPS is also an interesting choice. I'm still interested, but a bit disappointed by this reveal video. I hope the reaction in the YT comments makes them take notice of what people aren't liking about it.

RB 18145

JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:41 pm Reply with quote

I mean... It looks ehh

"I have the warrant" WTF? In multiple ways.

Not sure about the health system. Graphics and style look nice though. And I kinda love that parking tickets are a thing.

I mean, I'm getting it. But it looks shaky.

RB 710

cake
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:33 pm Reply with quote

Well I guess we should have expected that Weller was going to phone it in. Almost as bad as the Titus voice work... He put more effort into the KFC commercials. He probably charged an arm and leg too. It's sad that he's that way about it but we expect it now. They probably didn't want to pressure him to do better and him just leave so they took what he gave them. They could've gotten a sound alike for less that would've given a much better performance.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:10 pm Reply with quote

RoboWags :
Well I guess we should have expected that Weller was going to phone it in.... They could've gotten a sound alike for less that would've given a much better performance.

I was starting to think that, although it is already modulated to sound robotic, they could lean more heavily on how they modulate Weller's voice. Maybe adding more Bass to the vocal track, and layering in a little reverb.

It felt like a naked read.

-----Sean

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
RoboFan
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:04 pm Reply with quote

Phoned it in.

Poor. The game will suffer for it.

RB 34

Knight Racer
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:12 am Reply with quote

While we're on the subject of Robocop and a KFC commercial. I just found a YouTube video of another fried chicken commercial done in the 90's but in Chinese and not at all related to KFC. Wonder if this inspired the KFC robocop commercials?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOoSe2K5DU

RB 316

JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:12 pm Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svObtEUhXLU

Oh ok... this seems more solid.

RB 710

cake
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:22 pm Reply with quote

Oh I hope they brought Nancy back as Lewis

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:47 pm Reply with quote

I was going to post it here, but you were faster!

It´s... interesting. I dig the investigation part of the game instead of a full "blow everything on the screen", I think a plain shooter would become boring quick. Not sure about the look and sound, since I´m not a gamer, but it´s ok to me. It´d be better if they used the original sound FX or making the RoboPOV closer to the films, but it´s fine.

I dig the Police Precint look. I wasn´t expecting to see that place.

Here´s another review: https://youtu.be/4Jtaef1TWqQ

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:11 pm Reply with quote

Rogue City is looking better every time we see it. I am happy to see they are going for a full RoboCop experience, with investigations and side quests to fully immerse into old Detroit. The gunplay has gotten some criticism but right now I am more interested in the other aspects of the gameplay. Setting the game between 2 and 3 is a great area to explore, and I am happy to see Lewis will have a big role in this game. It does not appear to be Nancy Allen, but the voice actress sounds pretty close. The visuals are solid and the overall vibe definitely seems like a respectful take on RoboCop. This is about what I was hoping for after playing Terminator Resistance. It may not be a perfect video game, but it is certainly shaping up to be easily the best RoboCop game.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:29 pm Reply with quote

I love all the details and classic locations/characters they added, Also nice to have Lewis back. I'm sure it will be a game RoboCop fans will enjoy.

However, I feel it will be trashed by critics and players used to modern games expecting a AAA RoboCop game. It looks very dated in places and all the NPCs look like zombies.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard