New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Hiya Toys 1/18 scale Robo Cain
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:54 pm Reply with quote

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/174527

Looks pretty good for a 1/18 scale figure.

RB 787

game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:07 pm Reply with quote

Now this is something I can get behind. Seems like a great compromise between quality and price. Not obscenely expensive, but still looks highly detailed. It will likely be very delicate, especially since it is articulated. I've got plenty of Robo figures and a couple ED-209s, but no Cain. I will definitely consider ordering this and might be a good idea to get that preorder in sooner than later.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:46 am Reply with quote

The Hiya Toys Robocop line is pretty cool. The ED-209 even has the raising legs and the feet are articulated. But the figures don't move as well as you'd imagine.
The best part imo is the scale as you can get a sweet display going without wasting too much space.

RB 787

game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:57 am Reply with quote

I´ll try to get this one if distribution helps. Some of their RoboCops will be available here in 2022!

I hope they´ll end putting some other characters from the trilogy, but I´m afraid they stick with robots/cyborgs. So maybe we´d end getting an Otomo as well?

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:11 pm Reply with quote

I've seen some comments that say they are disappointed with the figure, this or that detail is wrong and so on.
Personally I don't really see it. I think it looks pretty good for a figure that size and price range.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:50 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I've seen some comments that say they are disappointed with the figure, this or that detail is wrong and so on.
Personally I don't really see it. I think it looks pretty good for a figure that size and price range.

Some people have eyes "as good as money can buy". I read some comments in the past about a Hot Toys Batman figure when people nitpicked about the seams of the suit or anything small like that. I couldn´t spot these "big" errors.

It´s a small figure, and it´s detailed enough for it´s size. And, most important, it´s something else apart for the thousands of Robo-Figures companies made in the past. It´s refreshing to see something different for a while, even with flaws.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:21 am Reply with quote

The 3d model of cain I have looks way more accurate, but that's not the point. The robo hiya stuff has its own style. I think it fits in and gets away from it being so expensive, its $50, for a cain figure? you cant beat that price, and its painted. Its a for sure thing for me. Preordered Smile

RB 1031

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:48 pm Reply with quote

only wished it was poseable, id definitely have fun animating that

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:55 pm Reply with quote

It is poseable.

RB 787

game-xbox
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:30 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
It is poseable.

huh, it does say fully articulated, I wonder why they didnt put it in different poses

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:31 pm Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
huh, it does say fully articulated, I wonder why they didnt put it in different poses

I think you will raise his head (there are some pics with the head in a different position) and the arms, but little else. Can´t complain, it´s a tricky design. I can´t see how much you can move the legs without getting the figure in an akward position where it falls immediately.

RB 11786

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:22 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Mindchamber :

I think you will raise his head (there are some pics with the head in a different position) and the arms, but little else. Can´t complain, it´s a tricky design. I can´t see how much you can move the legs without getting the figure in an akward position where it falls immediately.

I guess it depends on how massive the torso is. If it's hollow, and the legs have these ratchet joints, it could definitely have articulated legs.

The mid section is what I'm mostly interested in.

The shoulder discs are most likely articulated, plus the 4 arms.

Either way, I'm glad they are making it.

Cain is such a cool character but ridiculously underrepresented next to the 1000's of standard Robocop figures out there.

Plus, those dudes are the most likely to finally put out some goons a Robocop figure gets to shoot in the dick.

RB 787

game-xbox
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:35 pm Reply with quote

I got the figure early from China.
The leg articulation is kinda weak and that limits the possibility.
The mid section is not articulated.
Of course, it looks nothing like the chronicle statue and you can't recreate it's awesome pose.
But still, this is a very neat looking figure and poses well enough.
And the fact that they released Robo, Ed and Cain is worth applause in my eyes.

[img]https://ibb.co/svGG6LS[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/VVMG2hK[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/g7pn7gF[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/vH8GyRf[/img]

RB 787

game-xbox
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:24 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
I got the figure early from China.
The leg articulation is kinda weak and that limits the possibility.
The mid section is not articulated.
Of course, it looks nothing like the chronicle statue and you can't recreate it's awesome pose.
But still, this is a very neat looking figure and poses well enough.
And the fact that they released Robo, Ed and Cain is worth applause in my eyes.

[img]https://ibb.co/svGG6LS[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/VVMG2hK[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/g7pn7gF[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/vH8GyRf[/img]
Very nice looking even with the limitations!

It might be an idea to edit your post and copy paste the BBCode's from the image host, the 'Thumbnail' version would be best considering size of images, eg:

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard