New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop to be Released on 4K UHD March 22nd!

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:21 pm Reply with quote

https://highdefdiscnews.com/2021/12/17/1987-film-robocop-comes-to-4k-uhd-blu-ray-in-march/

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:49 pm Reply with quote

Saw it on FB. If only they´d release 2 & 3 as well...

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:25 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Saw it on FB. If only they´d release 2 & 3 as well...

I’d love a proper upgrade for Robo3. And Robo2 would be sharp as hell in UHD. I really dig R2’s color correction on the Scream Factory disc

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:04 am Reply with quote

Guess I'm making the leap to 4K then. Very Happy

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:59 pm Reply with quote

Preordered, ive got the regular arrow steelbook and the collectors and will be getting this steelbook too. If its anything like the non 4k version, the steelbook will sell out way faster than the "limited edition"one, personally speaking the steelbook is a better buy imo. The typical orange/blue contrast art on the limited doesn't help as well lol. Will be interesting to see how it compares to the cleaned up version I have. I will eventually run the 4k version through AI software, should be interesting. What a time to be alive for Robocop fans, with this and the documentary we're getting. I too would also have loved Robocop 2 4K, I have a bigger connection to it. I could have sworn I saw a Robocop 4k floating around somewhere few months back but the quality was worse than the 1080p arrow release, hopefully this ones much better.

RB 1031

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Remember that dude who kept popping off about how the SD quality TV version of RoboCop was better than the high definition blu-rays? That dude must be turning over in his grave right now, even if he's still alive!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:10 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Remember that dude who kept popping off about how the SD quality TV version of RoboCop was better than the high definition blu-rays? That dude must be turning over in his grave right now, even if he's still alive!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah.

I remember him.

I also remember the basement dork who cries himself a river every night...‘cos his beloved comics won’t be in RoboDoc.

I’m alive and well, Pimpy...and you’re still a freak.

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:50 am Reply with quote

I have this on preorder but I have the contents of the 4k and just a brief skimming of the movie at a high level, I feel like its grainy, but I guess that's to be expected, however another thing I noticed, and I could be wrong here but ive watched robocop I think enough where I do hear differences in the sound, maybe its my setup but I dunno for sure, like I said I briefly watched it, will watch it completely this week.

It's a really nice candidate for me to do what I did with the non 4k and put it through some ai enhancing, results should look really nice. I dunno, it just felt off, not in a bad way, I just need to find out why I felt like it was different, maybe the higher resolution? I doubt it. i cant say for sure. maybe you guys know better. Ill let you know after i watch it all.

RB 1031

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:28 pm Reply with quote

edgeofthecosmos :
I have this on preorder but I have the contents of the 4k and just a brief skimming of the movie at a high level, I feel like its grainy, but I guess that's to be expected, however another thing I noticed, and I could be wrong here but ive watched robocop I think enough where I do hear differences in the sound, maybe its my setup but I dunno for sure, like I said I briefly watched it, will watch it completely this week.

It's a really nice candidate for me to do what I did with the non 4k and put it through some ai enhancing, results should look really nice. I dunno, it just felt off, not in a bad way, I just need to find out why I felt like it was different, maybe the higher resolution? I doubt it. i cant say for sure. maybe you guys know better. Ill let you know after i watch it all.

Yeah I find it very grainy as well though it seemed to get better as the movie went on. Some people love the authentic layer of grain, personally I find it distracting and would rather it was cleaned up.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard