New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Quiet in this forum.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:57 pm Reply with quote

I think I joined at the beginning of 2009, and whilst I do spend some time on Twatter and Facefuc... Facebook, I'm mostly there about things other than RoboCop, this forum is the place I come to chat about our fave police officer and I'm not about to stop now!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:55 am Reply with quote

I think a lot of members are ghosts long-term. I can admit to viewing as a guest many more times than not. I tend to talk RoboCop on Facebook too.

There's a greater interactive level to it. Happy that we have a RA facebook as well as the Communications page. And I think those have been successful enough. With so much of my attentions focused on FB, I forget to come here. Mostly due to the nature of this forum. I can't host any images here.

Differing opinions aside, facebook had made it too easy to keep going back there. One didn't have to force themselves to partially learn "code" to interact.

Maybe, what I'm saying is, We are over the hill. We might have to rethink how the RoboCop Archive moves forward. As was said, maybe we should revolutinoalize the site altogether. Focus more on the content and collect all the external sites into one location. And effectively "archive" the best, most informative content.

An idea I had would be to create products and a store. Video content and subscription based content. Do Podcasts, and interviews. During the Sunday Facebook Messenger meetings (10am Eastern US), we want to set up a meeting where we all play the VHS Boardgame.

We are still working on more video content in the future. We are excited for what's in store.

There are a lot of talented members on the Archive. Let's use those talents. Give back what we got.

So, I'll try to make coming back to the forums more of a priority.

-----Sean

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:23 am Reply with quote

Forums really fell out of popularity. I still prefer them myself. I still check the boards almost daily.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:35 pm Reply with quote

I think a combo of 12 hour shifts and real life meant less time for checking this stuff out. Also just a lack of stuff other than figures and game.

RB 710

cake
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:04 pm Reply with quote

The Ghost of Board Admin Past here. I visit ever so often, as that new Robo game caught my eye. I got a lot of great memories here, and am glad it is still around.

RB 495

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 pm Reply with quote

Mephisto :
The Ghost of Board Admin Past here. I visit ever so often, as that new Robo game caught my eye. I got a lot of great memories here, and am glad it is still around.

Holy Feck!!! Twisted Evil

Glad you're still around! I guess I always pictured you out there pounding nerds.

I am happy it's still here too. Deep inside, I think a piece of me would die if not for the forums still being here.

JohnBoyAdvance :
I think a combo of 12 hour shifts and real life meant less time for checking this stuff out. Also just a lack of stuff other than figures and game.

At least the remake fuss died down. A large reason why I laid low was to avoid having to interact with all the newbies who just want to talk Rubbercop.

At least there have been many contributions to the board. So, it couldn't have been all bad.

I think a large portion of us can understand not being able to fit everything inside of a day. Being an adult is fuckin exhausting.

Well, Guys, I'm glad everybody still lingers. But I have made a small pledge to visit back here 3-4 times a week... even if I can't host images and feel less than inclined to use code. (I remember there's buttons)

----Sean

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:11 pm Reply with quote

I know this has most likely been discussed before, but I’ve been thinking about Jones’ gun. I’m mean, the Old Man was okay with Dick leaving it there in the boardroom, in a case out in the open? No lock or keypad, palm or thumb print to open it. It was accessible to anyone. I was thinking that if they had a disgruntled employee that wanted to shoot up the place, he could just grab it and go nuts. Or, like in R3 when the depressed OCP employee jumped out of the window. He could take the gun and shoot himself.

RB 1156

ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: I am RoboAnt!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:19 am Reply with quote

I only come here to see new medias and chats once in a while like the upcoming game, Rogue City! I also hang out in http://reddit.com/r/robocop .

RB 3026

cake
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:15 pm Reply with quote

I come here because... well............ it's home!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:27 pm Reply with quote

Zentron :
I come here because... well............ it's home!

("Murphy Goes Home" by Basil Poledouris starts to sound)

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:32 am Reply with quote

This is one of the few forums that is still around for me to use. Every other one that I posted on for years have all since shut down.

It’s such a nice comforting thing to return here and see ya’ll still obsessing over and loving Robocop. It makes me happy.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:13 pm Reply with quote

my lil stint at the Post Office pretty much destroyed my internet time aside from some trolling on twitter,

but This is the very first site I visited when I obtained internet and Ill make sure its the last one when Im bleeding out in some alley.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
SengYew_83
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Freedom is the Right of all Sentient Beings

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:12 am Reply with quote

I somehow finally remembered my password after 11 years...

This is also one of the first forums I joined from back in the noughties and is the only one that is still around. As mentioned earlier, Facebook has supplanted message boards, but even FB is now shit, yet other Social Media just doesn't have as much thoughtful engagement. Also, many of us are oooold now, without much energy to engage online.

@MindChamber, if I may ask, are you still doing animation?

RB 323

transformers-figure-1
RoboBabylonAD
The Kid Goes Wild

Sgt-L4

Comment: Angry and Young...Under the Gun...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:32 am Reply with quote

Sometimes we just take a little time to find our way back Smile

RB 353

robocop-figure3 robocop-helmet auto9 nuke-red-ramrod robocop3-gunarm dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 dvd-robocop3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard