New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop Archive Facebook Group

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 05, 2024 8:14 pm Reply with quote

Glad to see the forums are back online. I did try to report the outage on the Facebook page but I seem to have been removed as a mod and my posts have to be verified now?

Is the Facebook page where most of the conversations seem to happen now, have people moved on past this forums as it is more convenient to chat there?

RB 19226

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:56 pm Reply with quote

Rick :
Glad to see the forums are back online. I did try to report the outage on the Facebook page but I seem to have been removed as a mod and my posts have to be verified now?

Is the Facebook page where most of the conversations seem to happen now, have people moved on past this forums as it is more convenient to chat there?

All user posts in the facebook group has to get past a filter and be approved by a mod. There are so many members there. 62k currently so it all has to be monitored.

The error that took down the board for a short while was some kind of server host error that apparently affected other sites also. Fortunately nothing serious and it was relatively quickly fixed.

The facebook group and other RoboCop Archive social media places is a better spot to go and discuss Robo as it is. This board has unfortunately become obsolete and has been so for many years.

The board will still stay online as long as possible but since it is based on old code there will come a time when it will no longer be supported. That could be in a month or in 5 years, but it's bound to happen.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 7:05 pm Reply with quote

It's great the page has so many members. I must have been a mod/admin at one point as I was getting notifications about reported posts and dealt with some incidents previously.

I guess I'm just a normal person in the group now, but you know, it's a free society, except there ain't nothing free, ya know? You're on your own. It's the law of jungle... ooh huh, huh huh!

RB 19226

Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Don't know when it happened but you probably got removed because of inactivity. I'm guessing you didn't do much modding and you have to be active to stay on.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 7:27 pm Reply with quote

Yeah I'm not a super active Facebook user these days. Kinda fed up with social media and the amount of negativity and bullshit on there. It's just a shame that for some people it's my only method of communication with them so I have to keep at least some accounts active.

RB 19226

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 06, 2024 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm with you there. I heavily reduced my social media use and only really interact with facebook and instagram for RoboCop Archive stuff. Avoid a lot of drama and negativity that way.

RB 348711

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 11, 2024 4:49 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
This board has unfortunately become obsolete and has been so for many years.

The board will still stay online as long as possible but since it is based on old code there will come a time when it will no longer be supported. That could be in a month or in 5 years, but it's bound to happen.

Man, that hits hard.

I mean, I'm part of the problem and all that, but still.

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 12, 2024 12:43 pm Reply with quote

There are alternative, and free, types of forum software out there, is it worth upgrading to one of them so at least it will remain operational, albeit with a different look etc?

RB 19226

Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 12, 2024 7:39 pm Reply with quote

Technically the board could be upgraded to the latest version, but all modifications/layouts would be gone and would have to be re-added. The forum doesn't get anywhere near enough visitors and posts to make it worth the work unfortunately.

The forum got one last push during the remake days leading up to 2014 but since then it was a constant decline in posts.

RB 348711

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard