New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 1-3 Comic Adaptations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote

The one thing I dislike about RoboCop 2 is the prototypes. The designs are just really lazy in comparison to Robo, ED and Cain.

The prototype from the comic adaptation looks better. You could truly believe that it would be the next step up from Robo if the crime rate increased.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:02 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
KidGoesWild :
So many KEY differences too. I see Robo thinking that he wont shoot his own, while in the movie the reason why he doesnt fight back is because he lost the gun in Jones' office

Lol, it's interesting this appreciation, I don't think even if he had his gun he would have shot back at policemen, they weren't doing anything against the law, while shooting policemen surely is against the law Wink

I would have think so too, but I vividly remember reading somewhere that the reason why he didnt shoot back was that he didnt have his gun. I cant remember where tho

Quote:
Lee Sullivan :
It looks very rushed, and I'm sure it was, but there are a lot of reasons why the comic-of-the-movies all look a bit . . . thin. It's kind of amazing they bear any resemblance to the movie at all!

That's also very interesting, of course they had to draw those comics without having watched the movies, and I agree it's amazing it bear any resemblance to the movie, quite a lot I would say.

What I love about the comic adaptations is that it pretty much shows the movie that wouldve been without the touch of any specific director, pretty much a script-to-screen/panel sort of situation, and also it shows an unaltered, original version of the story

Quote:
The one thing I dislike about RoboCop 2 is the prototypes. The designs are just really lazy in comparison to Robo, ED and Cain.

The prototype from the comic adaptation looks better. You could truly believe that it would be the next step up from Robo if the crime rate increased.

Hmm, well I always liked the prototypes, they were pretty unique designs and very weird as well. Havent seen the comic book versions except for the one I posted

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Here is the full RoboCop1 comic, in both color and B&W for comparison.
The art is clearly intended to be printed in B&W so the added colors actually make the comic look cheaper than it is.

It has some deleted scenes still in it, most notably the intro where Officer Frederickson is killed, but also some short scenes here and there. Graveyard etc.

You can tell it was based on the script as it is missing a lot of stuff that were added while filming. Such as Robo shooting the guy in the crotch.

download Download :
robocop1-color.cbr

robocop1-bw.cbr

The format is .CBR for use with the comic book reader program. But you can also just rename the files to .RAR or .ZIP and unpack the pages.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote

Nice! Awesome Archive, thanks!

RB 525

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote

God that was horrendous to read.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote

Ok, Ive read it and actually learned something new, as I usually do after reading comic book adaptations and novelizations. One thing I didnt really realize is how much time passes between certain events. The (proper) Directive IV is also revealed as not acting againts OCP's best interest or against its senior officers

(now share R2 adaptation as well plase Wink

RB 525

chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote

I actually do like the R2 adaptation, I wish Angie wore that outfit all the time in the movie.

RB 856

game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:31 am Reply with quote

Robo 2 adaptation has some interesting delete scenes. Here in Spain we had it in black & white, as a single issue, with Robo "in flames" as the cover.

Any chances to see the Robo 3 adaptation? I think we didnīt get it in Spain at the time, like Robo Vs. Terminator and the whole Dark Horse comics.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:59 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :

Any chances to see the Robo 3 adaptation? I think we didnīt get it in Spain at the time, like Robo Vs. Terminator and the whole Dark Horse comics.

Im pretty shocked that I cant find one, single panel from that adaptation anywhere online. This adaptation wouldve been the most interesting one I believe, since its based off the script that weve never had a chance to read. It might have some interesting deleted scenes or ideas

RB 525

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quote

Thatīs why I want to see it, because I only saw the covers (and they werenīt bad covers).

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I too do not recall ever seeing anything from the R3 adaptation besides the covers themselves.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote

the only thing I remember that was different is the near kiss robo has with dr. lazarus

RB 856

game-xbox
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote

Ok, so here is the RoboCop2 comic adaptation and this one is pretty much packed with various extended and deleted scenes so keep an eye out for that when reading.

download Download :
robocop2.cbr

Yarbles :
b)A couple of scenes in the film were moved up earlier or pushed back later into the story. For example, the scene of the Mayor meeting with the Old Man at OCP offices happens immediately after the opening MediaBreak segement, and Murphy's meeting with his wife doesn't happen until right before Cain/RoboCop 2 raids Hobs meeting with the Mayor.

there's a couple of small scenes in the comic that weren't in the film, like a short scene after Hob shoots Robo in the helmet at the beginning where Lewis finds some Nuke in candy bar wrappers that are used to be sold at schoolyards, a short scene of Robo dreaming about his wife and son, as well as Clarnece and his gang killing him, the extended scene of the baseball team robbing the electronics store where Robo lifts the store owner up by the throat and says "Have a nice day", Lewis in a knife fight with Catzo and killing him, Robo visiting his grave to say goodbye to Alex Murphy, Robo and Lewis breaking into OCP headquarters databse to find out they used Cain's brain in RoboCop 2, and a couple panels in the final fight scene were Robo 2 stabs Robo in the neck with one of his arm claw things, and Robo ripping the arm with the cutting torch off.

I have the RoboCop3 adaptation also, so I can post that later. As I can recall it had only 2 short scenes that were cut from the movie.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I have the RoboCop3 adaptation also, so I can post that later. As I can recall it had only 2 short scenes that were cut from the movie.

Would be nice to read it. Iīm curious about the art and those cut scenes.

RB 11786

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard