New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 1-3 Comic Adaptations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quote

Archive :
Ok, so here is the RoboCop2 comic adaptation and this one is pretty much packed with various extended and deleted scenes so keep an eye out for that when reading.

download Download :
robocop2.cbr

I have the RoboCop3 adaptation also, so I can post that later. As I can recall it had only 2 short scenes that were cut from the movie.

Or Frank Millers batshit crazy run of his original Robocop 3 idea from a couple years ago lol.

RB 5760

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:08 am Reply with quote

I gave it a read and the art is certainly easier on the eye than the first adaptation that was posted.

The deleted scenes were also a nice little touch although nothing us fans haven't really seen before.

I too however am curious about the RoboCop 3 adaptation.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote

Thanks so much Archive, I really appreciate it

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote

That was a very interesting read, the cemetery scene in particular. That scene shows us that Robo not only said goodbye to his family, but Murphy as well. This way its more clear that he decided to put his past behind and move forward. Nice adaptation overall

Cant wait to read the third one at last

RB 525

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote

So here is issue ONE of the RoboCop3 comic adaptation. I quickly compared the early movie script I have with the issue and it stays true to that pretty much.

download Download :
robocop3-1.cbr

There is a brief extended scene at page 19 and a really odd dialogue addition on page 22. In my script the CEO is still the old man so no telling if that was in the actual script and ever filmed. Personally I think it is a REALLY silly and forced addition and I'm glad it was not included in the final movie.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:50 pm Reply with quote

Art ain't bad at all. I mean, it's nothing spectacular, but still much better than other movie-to-comic adaptations.
Story seems quite rushed though, atleast in the beginning. If I hadn't seen the movie, I'm not sure if I'd had any idea what was happening.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quote

Thanks! I see all of Robo's silly robotic dialogue is intact, and Im quite shocked that the CEO is Morton's father. I agree with Archive, its a realy dumb and forced idea

RB 525

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote

Here is issue TWO of the RoboCop3 adaptation.

download Download :
robocop3-2.cbr

There is a deleted scene on page 12 that is also in the script. If you watch the movie you can actually tell that the scene was in there, but cut. It was a good scene I think they should have kept in.

Also the most ridiculous RoboCop scene ever is present on page 21. This piece is also in the script, word for word, but I seriously doubt that they ever filmed it. It really is so extremely awkward and out of place.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:54 am Reply with quote

Thanks again. Yeah, that Kiss, where the hell did this come from?

RB 525

AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:17 am Reply with quote

Archive :
Here is issue TWO of the RoboCop3 adaptation.

download Download :
robocop3-2.cbr

There is a deleted scene on page 12 that is also in the script. If you watch the movie you can actually tell that the scene was in there, but cut. It was a good scene I think they should have kept in.

Also the most ridiculous RoboCop scene ever is present on page 21. This piece is also in the script, word for word, but I seriously doubt that they ever filmed it. It really is so extremely awkward and out of place.

All we need is third issue now lol.

DoktorNo :
My eyes!

Well... Apparently artists didn't watched the movie.

Ugly s**it. :\

To be fair, these are often drawn before the film is finished so it shouldn't really be a suprise that certain things don't match the film.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quote

you know, any one of us would kill to be part of the robocop lore in some way, and seeing this painful art really just pisses me off.

plenty of the transformers fans at TFW were hired to do transformer comics, I dont see why they would get some subpar crap by someone who I could only imagine was just looking for his paycheck before moving on. I mean I could be wrong maybe he was a fan, but its hard to believe he tried that hard.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
you know, any one of us would kill to be part of the robocop lore in some way, and seeing this painful art really just pisses me off.

I was really dissapointed about the interior art. After seeing the covers, I thought itīd have a fine interior art. I thought about how we, aspiring artists, have to work our asses off to do every little detail right, while in the Robo 3 comic you can see characters with weird proportions, impossible perspectives and stuff like that. I donīt have any kind of problem when weird drawings are done on purpose and if itīs the artistīs style, but in this case, itīs rushed artwork.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:27 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
I was really dissapointed about the interior art. After seeing the covers, I thought itīd have a fine interior art.

Meh, I wasn't really surprised by this to be honest. The covers of comics are practically always souped up to look super cool and nicely done because that's what sells the comic. Honestly though, I don't think the artwork for the RoboCop adaptions are that bad. For what it was, I enjoyed them. Compared the Terminator 2 movie adaptation comic, these are good. The artwork in that was horrible it didn't even look finished at times, the pacing was REALLY bad and most of the characters didn't look like they did in the film (Dr. Silberman was fat for some reason). It was just really hard to look at it.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote

To me, the Robo 2 artwork is pretty nice. Here we had it on black & white, which I think it fits the style of the drawings, as one-shot.

The Robo 3 is pretty weird at moments, and the RoboCop adaptation is pretty lame.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard