New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 1-3 Comic Adaptations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:58 am Reply with quote

NukeLord :
Wink The ultimate question is:

Would you have preferred Frank Miller's original vision (from the comic book) as RoboCop 3?

Or what was released as the motion picture?

Well, if you were gonna really go with Frank's original vision for Robocop 3 it would have actually been Robocop 2, or rather elements of both plots would be in the same film as they bot originate from his original script for Robocop 2. And yes, I would have much rather seen that movie, but it also would have been like 4 hours long so I think Orion made the right choices at the time, from a financial standpoint at least.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:38 am Reply with quote

The Robocop 2 adaptation is great. As a kid I read Amazing Spider-man and the artist at the time, Mark Bagley, did the art on this Robocop book too. I read threw it recently and it still looks and reads great. Even though it mirrors the movie, it comes out more exciting than the movie at times. I think that the storyboarding was done well in this book. The close-ups and perspective on some of the scenes advance the story well.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:35 pm Reply with quote

Something I've been collecting recently is the Marvel Epic Collection series of TPB reprints. The volumes are large enough to cover complete runs, and anything else chronologically along the way.

RoboCop would be the perfect candidate. You have the comic adaptations of the trilogy and the 23 issues of the ongoing series. While the one-shots make it slightly too big for one volume, having the entire Marvel RoboCop line complete between two volumes would be super convenient. Especially since the ongoing line has never been reprinted.

It's probably near impossible with the licensing issues, but the original Star Wars series was done wonderfully; it'd be great to see Robo get that love as well.

RB 730

hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Slash Man :
RoboCop would be the perfect candidate. You have the comic adaptations of the trilogy and the 23 issues of the ongoing series. While the one-shots make it slightly too big for one volume, having the entire Marvel RoboCop line complete between two volumes would be super convenient. Especially since the ongoing line has never been reprinted.

There were plans to do a RoboCop Omnibus back in the day, and there were talks about having the Marvel run there as well. But it seems impossible. Too bad some of these stories can´t be put on a decent (re)release and get lost, unless you search online and find them without paying way too much.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:39 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Slash Man :

There were plans to do a RoboCop Omnibus back in the day, and there were talks about having the Marvel run there as well. But it seems impossible. Too bad some of these stories can´t be put on a decent (re)release and get lost, unless you search online and find them without paying way too much.

I love the Marvel Epic Collections, I have a couple great ones already and am always tempted to grab another one. Having the RoboCop series in an Epic Collection is a warm fantasy, I can almost feel it in my hands now.. and even though I already own the whole series, I much prefer reading comics in contemporary reprints like the Epic Collections. However, it is unlikely we will ever see a RoboCop Epic Collection and probably not a reprint of the Marvel series in any form.

Marvel has not had the rights to RoboCop in years and has shown no interest in the title. BOOM! has been the latest to make RoboCop comics, but they haven't done anything with it in a few years. Now with the MGM sale maybe the RoboCop license will change hands again. My dream would actually not be for Marvel to start making RoboCop comics, but actually IDW instead. IDW is a comics company that has done great licensed comics for stuff like Star Trek and Transformers. Their TPBs are usually very high quality and smell amazing lol... IDW also regularly works with Marvel producing comics for younger kids using characters like Spider-Man and the Avengers. So theoretically if IDW had the license to RoboCop they could work with Marvel to reprint the original series. And since they already have a strong interest in licensed stuff they could make their own new RoboCop comics. This is my dream, however IDW already owns the license to ROM, an old Hasbro character that had a great comic run produced by Marvel. As much as ROM fans want to see that stuff reprinted, IDW has not reprinted the older ROM material. So this dream is just as unlikely as Marvel acquiring the license again themselves, but we can dream...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard