New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop GameBoy Advance: deleted or very rare?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Cleaned
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 am Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Sorry for my english. I'm an Italian fan of Robocop and would like to share with you the crazy investigation of a case apparently closed.

The infamous Gameboy Advance version of Robocop does not really exist ... or is just very very rare?

The info says that the game published by Titus is never released, canceled in 2011. http://www.robocoparchive.com/games/robocop-titus3.htm

But ...

Amazon.co.uk-(English) sold Robocop GBA published by Zushi Games Ltd (not from Titus). Perhaps the game was released only in some European countries? Currently the product is no longer available but there is also a review of a user (!)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zushi-Games-Ltd-Ro...A/dp/B0000645R2

At the 3:28-minute our friend Murphy38 shows a mysterious copy of the game Robocop for "Game Boy Micro". And the Micro, as we all know, is the simply restyling of the Advance: same hardware, same cartridges. http://youtu.be/JLR8Afx8O_s

Looking for the ROM (nude game file) in the "pirate websites I've never found anything. But a very limited circulation may explain why no one has ever extrapolated (dumped) this file.

What do you think? Smile

RB 41

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote

I remember years ago seeing it in a Virgin Superstore if I remember correctly.

This was the cover it had.

RoboCop Gameboy Advance game

Unfortunately that's as far as it goes. I chose Dead Or Alive 2 over it as I had just got my PS2 at the time and was impressionable enough to be swayed by tits and ass.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote

It is my understanding that it is the Gameboy COLOR version of RoboCop that was repackaged with a advance/micro cover. Although I do not own any physical copy of it so I can't confirm it myself.

The real advance version by Titus was never released and, apart from the many pictures, I have not seen any moving footage or a copy of it on the net. Given that Titus made absolutely horrible games I doubt it was any good.

RoboCop GB Color version

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote

It's rather hard to tell, but I believe the game pictured in Murhy38's video actually says Robocop 4. The picture is from Robocop 3, but the font used is different. If it really does say 4 that means I'll have to write it off as a bootleg.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
The picture is from Robocop 3, but the font used is different.

Good observation. And also, since RoboCop3 wasn't released for the Gameboy it most likely is a bootleg, yes.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the one Murphy38 has is a bootleg. As far as I know, GBA games were NEVER labeled as "Micro" on the box, even though the Micro is technically a GBA. Also there were a ton of bootleg carts which just featured emulated SNES or even GameBoy and Gameboy Color games, so there are a couple of possiblilities about what that could be.
As for the Titus one - never seen it dumped, never seen a video of it, hadn't even seen some of the screenshots in the Amazon listing. If it was released, even in limited quantities, I'm sure there would've been something out there. We don't even know when the game was scrapped and if there's actually a playable version of it.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Seriously though, the screenshots of the GBA version don't look too fun...too many splatterpunks running around. it looks like it would have been no different from any of the arcade versions...lots of frantic turning around and shooting, blah blah blah...the ED-209 looks pretty good though.

I'd rather play Gameboy Color version. The layout looks more appropriate for Robocop...a big wide open space to allow for planning and fancy shooting. The graphics are ass though...

Speaking of ass, take a close look at the review of the GBA listing...clearly not a real review. Since no one has actually seen the game in action, and some of you people actually know some shit about video games, I have to conclude that the game never existed, or if it did, it never made it to market, and that any copies that may actually have been produced are now in/around the Ark of the Covenant, Raiders style.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote

While the premise of it, a remake of the arcade game, sounds good in theory, Titus only made terrible games. There is no chance that we missed anything good with this title being cancelled.

It is still a nice mystery though. Some sites claim that it was actually released in the UK but cancelled everywhere else. But if that was the case there should have been some copys up for grabs on Ebay, a video of it or something.

RB 348130

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Yesterday I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otu5qJHXHWA&ab_channel=HiddenPalace

It seems it´s "available" somewhere, but couldn´t find the rom. If anyone does, feel free to let us know.

As for the game itself, it looks pretty good! I have a soft spot for "vintage" graphics on games, and doesn´t sound bad either. Not a big fan of Robo jumping high like Mario, and it seems it´s the arcade game adapted of Game Boy Advance, but could be fun to play. Plus, the Gun Arm makes an appereance here!

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:16 pm Reply with quote

Wow, great find. Never thought we'd see any more from this lost prototype. Smile

It can be found here:
https://hiddenpalace.org/RoboCop_(GBA_Prototype)

Played it for a bit and it's ok. But i can see why it was never released.

RB 348130

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:21 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Yesterday I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otu5qJHXHWA&ab_channel=HiddenPalace

It seems it´s "available" somewhere, but couldn´t find the rom. If anyone does, feel free to let us know.

As for the game itself, it looks pretty good! I have a soft spot for "vintage" graphics on games, and doesn´t sound bad either. Not a big fan of Robo jumping high like Mario, and it seems it´s the arcade game adapted of Game Boy Advance, but could be fun to play. Plus, the Gun Arm makes an appereance here!

Great Find. +PT

as for the game, I find it to be a bit eventless. the enemies were throwaways, and the sprite moved too slow, and jumping somehow is faster than walking.

Great graphics. Couldn't say i was totally disappointed, but I'm kinda glad we never got it. Too much of the same old RoboCop side-scrolling.

I'm glad you found some footage.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:39 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
the sprite moved too slow, and jumping somehow is faster than walking.

Robo's jump is terrible. Platforming is really frustrating.

RB 348130

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Archive :

It can be found here:
https://hiddenpalace.org/RoboCop_(GBA_Prototype)

Cool! There are a few more videos about it, but I didn´t check it all. Didn´t find any ED-209 or big baddies to fight, which I found odd. But it looks and sounds way better than the Game Boy Color one.

Edit: I stopped when they went "full japanese" in one of the levels. There are 209s in there. It´s "fun", and quite easy (if you know where to use some of the gun arm features), but my god how difficult is to try to play it without jumping every second. I know Robo isn´t a fast dude, but it moves waaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooo slooooooow in this game.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:53 pm Reply with quote

Oh, wow! That's a great find!!

I'm glad to see this get dumped. In terms of gameplay and graphics, it's about on-par with your average GBA game. The jumping and movement are definitely clunky (and that win-pose with the raised fist is really off), but hey, it's a prototype...I'm sure I'd have been all over this had it been released - the GBA period was a time when I was really a sucker for movie tie-in games and a Robo one, I wouldn't have missed, no matter how sucky it might've been. If that was Marie in that one cutscene, it still has the Titus syndrome of everyone calling him RoboCop instead of Murphy, but I love the fact that the Gunarm is in there.

Downloading and trying it out soon!

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard