New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop Remake possibilities!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:23 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
It would have to be directed by Fred Dekker...

Very Happy

---Sean

Shiiiittt.... :roll:

RB 495

Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Comment: Kuwabara, Kuwabara...

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:28 am Reply with quote

RoboDuck :
I want Robo as an older, outdated, obselete model around in a world that doesnt need or want him. And the kick in the ass is he has his humanity and wants to die...

Oh, and over accessive amounts of blood...

That stands with the dark Knight kinda Robo...It would be cool if it took place in Delta City, like it has already been build and is now infested with crime, there are more advanced "robocops" out there and less and less real human cops.

he would need to prove somehow that the world and the city still needed robo. mr green

RB 1453

TMNT LaraCroft James Bond
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quote

I think that would work.

Delta City gone to ruins, not what OCP planned. Plus a battle with the new Robos (who are bigger but less human)...

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quote

These all sound like sequel ideas. Really a future delta city, isn't that more of sequel. A remake means re-doing the film, not continuing the story. A remake should be viewable to someone with no prior knowledge of the series.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:38 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
These all sound like sequel ideas. Really a future delta city, isn't that more of sequel. A remake means re-doing the film, not continuing the story. A remake should be viewable to someone with no prior knowledge of the series.

I think a remake of a perfect original is sacreligious and these two words should never be uttered in the same sentence: RoboCop and Remake.

RB 1453

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:53 pm Reply with quote

hmm if they will be do a film .. one thing what I am really very curious is ..."Who will be play the Robocop " hmm maybe the Vigo Mortensen could take it ! :roll: Hey gang have you any tips for the actor ?!?!

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote

Kevlar Antelope :
I think a remake of a perfect original is sacreligious and these two words should never be uttered in the same sentence: RoboCop and Remake.

Agreed. Why would you want to ruin a film that is fine in every way? If the film was majorly flawed then I would say remake it, but the film is perfect the way it is...

RB 17917

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quote

so in this case they should remake the Robocop3 or also R2

hmm damn I think the folks from the production should sometimes visit this forum !

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :
so in this case they should remake the Robocop3 or also R2

hmm damn I think the folks from the production should sometimes visit this forum !

Not so much as remake of Robo3....but forget it ever existed and kinda just flush it away and pick off right where Robo2 left off, sort of like what TMNT did, except they didn't make 3 go away...but it's a continuity of the story.

We need like a "RoboCop Returns" not in a title but I think we just need a new Robo film to continue story and not act like the first films didn't exist.

RB 1453

Nash
L-L3

L-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote

It's very difficult to do it properly.

For Robocop 2 and 3 it's very simple just ignore the the last two , if they ever want to do a remake of 2 and 3 they can do it with totally new storylines. (Two whole new stories)

For Robocop 1 we have 2 options
1 Remake the whole original movie.
2 make a whole new storyline for Robocop 1

I think that a remake is the best thing But with lots of new diifferent things in it.

For Robocop 2 i want to see more of his humanity and that he becomes Evil because of his traumatised life.

And what about the special effects: i tink they can use a combination of 3 things.

1: a lot of Animatronics i want to see a real ED-209 moving around they can do that with Animatronics.

2:The return of Stop Motion Animation but even better, look what they did with wallace and Gromit and Corps Bride were both awesome stop motion movies

3:And the use of little CGI. they can use it for his leg holster for an example.

RB 5709

Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quote

I agree with laying off the CGI since it gets ated and looks fake to me.

But the Robo going evil and the remake of the original I'm not so keen on.

I think Robo2 is a good sequel, not great but good. And should get more respect when talking about brushing it aside to make new sequels. it will always be the true sequel...Robo3 now that's a different story.

RB 1453

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
1: a lot of Animatronics i want to see a real ED-209 moving around they can do that with Animatronics.

2:The return of Stop Motion Animation but even better, look what they did with wallace and Gromit and Corps Bride were both awesome stop motion movies

3:And the use of little CGI. they can use it for his leg holster for an example.

Yes Nash you hit right on the head, to see just a little CGI would be the
way to go, it seems to me that movie's now day's rely on CG to much, they
forget about story and character devlopment, bringing back Animatronics
to the SC-FI genre would be a breath of fresh air for all of us old school guys's who grew up with it.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Nash
L-L3

L-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quote

Check these awesome animatronics. Shocked

They are using the newest techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dsAo6fJjdY

Would be really cool if they use these techniques in a new Robocop movie for ED-209.

o my god check this one. Shocked Shocked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpEP-N-9Vec&mode=related&search=

RB 5709

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quote

I agree with what was said. Also, CGI could be used to cover up any exposed parts of the suit, such as the underarms or neck...

RB 17917

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard