New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop Remake possibilities!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Nash
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote

RoboDuck :
I agree with what was said. Also, CGI could be used to cover up any exposed parts of the suit, such as the underarms or neck...

exactly CGI for his neck, underarms and his legholster.

RB 5709

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
o my god check this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpEP-N-9Vec&mode=related&search=

At 2:25 seconds, can't you just picture
this scene in a new robo movie,
the camera paning up on robo's
leg as the gun holster open's,
then you can see robo's hand
take the gun out while the camera
is still paning up, for a full frame of him aiming the auto-9!!
im no director but that would look pretty cool.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
RoboBabylonAD
The Kid Goes Wild

Sgt-L4

Comment: Angry and Young...Under the Gun...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quote

Mephisto :
Kevlar Antelope :
I like the idea of an older robo in a run down delta city...he can still keep going while everyone from the past movies has died.

Sort of a Dark Knight Returns Robo style.

Yeah, I like that idea man.

After all, RoboCop 2 and The Dark Knight Returns was written by Miller.

As much as I love DKR, keep Miller away from Robocop.

But I do agree with this plot idea a bit. But they should do it in a way that totally ignores Prime Directives.

PD was Robo in 10 years
RC4 will be Robo in 20 years

Making it out to be an anniversary thing is a bad idea. But I would like to see the DKR idea nonetheless.

Like Robo is reactivated to find that OCP finally completed Delta City just to have it go to shit and not turn out at all what it was supposed to be (a nice social comment there on the US as a whole.)

The daughter of Lewis idea sounds a bit cliche though...hmmm...

RB A.D.

RB 353

robocop-figure3 robocop-helmet auto9 nuke-red-ramrod robocop3-gunarm dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 dvd-robocop3
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quote

I've always thought that what you have just described is something they should have in any new RoboCop production. It would just look so cool and could eaily be done with todays technology and effects. (The leg opening and closing effect that is, not the stuff about resurrecting him and shit.)

Hell, The Series even attempted a scene where he closes his leg up and still does somethingin the same frame at the same time. It looked good enough.

Paddy Very Happy

RB 19226

Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Comment: Kuwabara, Kuwabara...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote

They would deactivate him? Why? New robocops on the street? Why would they reactivate him?

Perhaps by accident?

RB 1453

TMNT LaraCroft James Bond
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote

You have a point Kevlar...

If the film was set in 20 years time OCP would have probably created and massed produced newer and more superior versions of Robo, so there is no need to keep him online.

The only way I can think is that they take him offline because of his more human side, the ability to think independantly and make moral judgements (which OCP doesnt want). Then the reason for bringing him back online is that all other attempts at creating a newer model were failures, and went the way of the prototypes in Robo 2...

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quote

Nash :
It's very difficult to do it properly.

For Robocop 2 and 3 it's very simple just ignore the the last two , if they ever want to do a remake of 2 and 3 they can do it with totally new storylines. (Two whole new stories)

For Robocop 1 we have 2 options
1 Remake the whole original movie.
2 make a whole new storyline for Robocop 1

I think that a remake is the best thing But with lots of new diifferent things in it.

For Robocop 2 i want to see more of his humanity and that he becomes Evil because of his traumatised life.

yeah very good nash .. I agree ..The R1 is as a strong rock and on this they should begin to build ..I really doubt about it .. if they created something better as the Verhoevens film ! yeah maybe now we have really cool special effects , but it doest not whole film ..( as the Matrix 3 -- sorry who is fan and many another films )

nash again :
For Robocop 2 i want to see more of his humanity and that he becomes Evil because of his traumatised life.

yeah and you are not the only one who wants to see this ! althought evil ..
Robocop is one of the most tragical heroes .. so they should shows us more things and scenes from this his "existential problems ".. is more man or machine ?.. damn in the book from Naha Robocop2 was really more these things !

was really amazing if again the Robocop got to the top places between the new heroes this age as Spider -man , Batmen Terminator and etc etc Smile

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quote

RoboDuck :
You have a point Kevlar...

If the film was set in 20 years time OCP would have probably created and massed produced newer and more superior versions of Robo, so there is no need to keep him online.

The only way I can think is that they take him offline because of his more human side, the ability to think independantly and make moral judgements (which OCP doesnt want). Then the reason for bringing him back online is that all other attempts at creating a newer model were failures, and went the way of the prototypes in Robo 2...

i got it. They reactivate him because the new "advanced" more robotic robocops are going insane and turning on the entire society and killing everyoen going on a rampage so they have no one else to turn to but dust off old robo reactivate him and send out to stop the machines...

How's that for plot point? mr green

RoboCop in the near future:

Delta City was constructed where old Detroit once stood and for many years the city thrived. But everyone knows that a cancer that was once cut out can return, and deep in the shadows it started to grow. Crime is inevitable it is written into human nature...and no matter what previsions or acts are taken to defeat crime, it will always exist in one form or another.

Which is why OCP created more advanced “robocops” in extreme numbers to deal with this growing threat. To OCP, Delta City was not going to go down in history as a failure. These advanced machines stalked the streets 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The first RoboCop model once known as officer Alex J. Murphy was turned offline and stored away in vault for all of time. His human side was a liability and he was eventually discontinued in use. Once a cop, then a mechanical hero, was now obsolete, and stored away like a useless thing.
But just as crime was thriving deep in the innards of Delta City, something was happening with the new mechanical cops. Something deep inside of their circuits was festering. And six years to the day the first went online they went haywire. The machines revolted and instead of fighting crime they started to tear the city apart from the insides out. Delta City became a battle ground. The futures silver lining was torn, burned, and buried that day.

To fight this growing threat OCP turns to an obsolete model to fight this growing threat of the machines. But as Robo is reactivated new demons arise for him and not only in the form of nightmares of his past life. He struggles with the thought of himself being a walking corpse with nothing to live for. He did not choose this life, but does he even have the ability to choose anymore? How much is left of Murphy and how much is RoboCop? Will he defend the city that turned it’s back on him? Or will the burden of being a aged cyborg combining the brain and other tissue from the corpse of a murdered police officer his fragile human mind, and let the machine take over him completely?

RB 1453

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:33 pm Reply with quote

Hmm, thwas quite a good idea and quite a good read...

I'm not sure about the newer machines going haywire by themselves, it seems a bit matrix-like to me. Something like a rouge faction of OCP starts the chaos or terrorists make some kind of virus that gets into the machines...

Or a mixture of the both. The virus makes machines screw up and they infect eachother usinf their own data spikes. But remember, we have to have some humans too shoot aswell or else it turns into a robot free-for-all...

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quote

Damn Kevlar that was really good,
you should pen a short script
but add the points that Duck made.
Then you would be cooking with gas!! Very Happy

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote

That's a good idea duck I may hafta "borrow" it if I do eventually write something for a new Robo story...I didn't know how the machines would screw up, but the terrorists of a rogue faction of OCP sounds good, perhaps OCP was loosing money in Delta City...and in order to make money they needed crime. But with the new machines on the street crime was dying so they decided to infect the new robos with a virus and slowly one by one they infected each other.

And of course the Delta City Police Force would be in there somewhere..I mean humans, but they do he patrolling...that's the whole reason for the new robo cops to take the human element out of the police enforcement.

Or perhaps a terriorist group was backing OCP all along.

I think the dynamic's of Murphy trying to discover who he was in the first film and finally finding his humanity was brilliant. but I think if they dive deeper into this, and find out what happens you know 20 or 30 years down the line. Would his face age? Would his human mind eventually grow old and start to deterorate? Would his human mind eventually crack and he go crazy. I mean he was the first of his kind, and the aging process of a half man, half machine would be very interesting....

Tell me what ya think. mr green

RB 1453

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the dynamic's of Murphy trying to discover who he was in the first film and finally finding his humanity was brilliant. but I think if they dive deeper into this, and find out what happens you know 20 or 30 years down the line. Would his face age? Would his human mind eventually grow old and start to deterorate? Would his human mind eventually crack and he go crazy. I mean he was the first of his kind, and the aging process of a half man, half machine would be very interesting....

When i was a kid and saw Robocop for the first time
I can't really explain why i fell in love with the movie,
maybe it was the action or maybe it was the suit I don't know
but as time went on and i got a little older i found that
my favorite part of the movie was Murphy finding himself,
remembering what happend and who he was.
I found myself feeling sad for what happend to Alex Murphy.

Now if what you said about diving deeper, finding out what happens to him 20 years down the line i will be hooked for life.
Can a life in solitude with nothing but your memories drive a Cyborg crazy?
Will he age? these are really good question's that i would want answered
in a good portion of a new movie.
Don't get me wrong i want action, blood and guts, whe whole 9 yards.
And what about his family, have they learned to live with the fact that
there Husband/Father is now mostly machine?
Did she ever tell Jimmy that his father was robocop?
The human elimate to this story is just to good.
GOD DAMN I LOVE ROBOCOP!!! Very Happy

RB 106381

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote

No fucking viruses! If Robo PD taught us anything it's that viruses are cheesy and so predictable. Have a malicious OCP employee, maybe Dick Jones' son or Clarence's twin brother (remember him, courtesy of Jyrki?! Very Happy) could be the employee!

But in all seriousness, PLEASE no viruses, or virii if you wanna be technical. (At least I think that's how it's spelt.)

Paddy Very Happy

RB 19226

Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quote

Paddy :
No fucking viruses! If Robo PD taught us anything it's that viruses are cheesy and so predictable. Have a malicious OCP employee, maybe Dick Jones' son or Clarence's twin brother (remember him, courtesy of Jyrki?! Very Happy) could be the employee!

But in all seriousness, PLEASE no viruses, or virii if you wanna be technical. (At least I think that's how it's spelt.)

Paddy Very Happy

Uhhh...I never watched PD because the whole show was cheesy. But I mean Ternimator did viruses without being cheesy. That's what infects machines and computer and makes them malfunction. If you can think of a better plot point to make robocop's go crazy other than a viruse please do tell....

Perhaps it can be written into their programming, as a "directive 4" type thing. An override insurance by OCP, because crime, blood, sex, drugs, and violence...mean demand for drugs and weapons. OCP makes weapons...so they make more money when criminals, gangs, etc infest the streets of Delta City.

Perhaps Delta City on the outside was suppose to look like the perfect town. But perhaps there idea was a free start to infect a new city, new businness, bigger business. Dick Jones says basically this in Robo1:

"Suit yourself Clarence... But Delta City begins construction in two months. That's two million workers living trailers, that means drugs, gambling, prostition... Virgin territory for the man who knows how to open up new markets... One man could control it all, Clarence...

RB 1453

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard