New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2 - What happened?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Comment: Kuwabara, Kuwabara...

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:31 am Reply with quote

artuditu :
Well, it seems we all liked much more R2 when we were kids.

I personally wasn't sure that R2 was better than R1, I though it was cooler, but in someway I knew R1 was more authentic and a better movie.

I think it may have been in part with the cool cyber villain Cain aka RoboCop 2, were in Robo 1 we basically get a little ED209 and Clarience. I think i as a child thought robo cain was cool...now not so much.

RB 1453

TMNT LaraCroft James Bond

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:08 am Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :

Yeah if you are a 15 years old you dont need an emotion scenes you need just the action !

Embarassed I enjoyed RoboCop 2 the first time I watched it (Admittingly that has only been once) I did enjoy the action scenes (as any 15 year old would) but what really made me fall in love with RoboCop is the fact he is human "I can remember them but I can't feel them", Correct me if i'm wrong (i probaly am having only seen it once in feburary) but after RoboCop brushed off his ex-wife he was Dissasembled by Cain and then reprogrammed with all them Prime Directives. While more emotion scenes would have been what the real fans wanted it would be kind of hard to put them in there (I reckon it would have just as good if not greater than RoboCop if the original script had been made rather than the "action" one though- I'm in agreement there

Не выбрана
RB 0

DJR2096
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: They'll fix you.......they fix everything!

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:48 am Reply with quote

Kevlar Antelope :
I mean everyone likes action, especially guys...But even at 15 I wanted some emotional content in my movies...saying all 15 year olds like all mindless action is like saying like all guys love football and drink.

I don't drink or like football
But I thought robocoip 2 was good for the action like many of you.
It is however not a pach on R1.
It's a too much going on kinda film.

RB 2513

dvd-robocop1 robocop-figure3
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quote

I love football and i drink a lot, and my favorite part of Robocop is the emotional drama. A man who was butchered to death with shotguns then brought back to life as a machine, then has to deal with the memories of the family he once had is really powerfull....even to a beer chugging Dallas Cowboy fan like myself.
Go Cowboys!!!!! Very Happy

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote

The Dark Trooper :
Nika Silwerra :

Yeah if you are a 15 years old you dont need an emotion scenes you need just the action !

Embarassed I enjoyed RoboCop 2 the first time I watched it (Admittingly that has only been once) I did enjoy the action scenes (as any 15 year old would) but what really made me fall in love with RoboCop is the fact he is human "I can remember them but I can't feel them", Correct me if i'm wrong (i probaly am having only seen it once in feburary) but after RoboCop brushed off his ex-wife he was Dissasembled by Cain and then reprogrammed with all them Prime Directives. While more emotion scenes would have been what the real fans wanted it would be kind of hard to put them in there (I reckon it would have just as good if not greater than RoboCop if the original script had been made rather than the "action" one though- I'm in agreement there

I was want to correct that he said "I can't remember them, but I can feel them."

RB 1453

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:31 pm Reply with quote

DJR2096 :
Kevlar Antelope :
I mean everyone likes action, especially guys...But even at 15 I wanted some emotional content in my movies...saying all 15 year olds like all mindless action is like saying like all guys love football and drink.

I don't drink or like football
But I thought robocoip 2 was good for the action like many of you.
It is however not a pach on R1.
It's a too much going on kinda film.

of course every one loves action and heh especially boys ! Of course also I wanted to see more "emotions" in the scenes when I was 15 .. but many guys what I knew in the time and they was 15 or less years old wanted rather action as emotions .. and of course I not say that all boy are wants the same ! Wink

hah I am not a boy but I like ice hockey mr green ( when already is here a talking about some sports !)

Robocop 2 was not bad film .. but I waited here more infos about his family oki in beginning of the film there was one nice scene but also last in whole film ! ( Interesing when I was read the book by ED Naha what was written according the R2 script , there was many emotional scenes ..) Damn why they deleted it with the film ?!

Irvin Keishner was not any beginner between directors .. He could make also better thing ! Or he had to finished the film because he had little time ..

Hey and what about the ED 209 ?! So typical Robocop enemy ! They could use to the story also this "amazing chicken "
Smile

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
RoboKasper
R-L4

R-L4

Comment: Denmarks Robocopfan number 1 :D !

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quote

Well, I think that Robocop 2 had just enough emotions to my liking. I mean, in Robocop 1, you had all the emotions and difficulties that comes from the transformation from a human to a cyborg, and in Robocop 2 you get a taste of how his wife has dealt with Murphys death, but still, you were left hungering for more, the only thing that spoiled the whole "plot" in my opinion was Robocop 3, you had all the possibilities to continue a great story, but instead you ended up with an unimportant and meaningless story in the third film, that didn't really "complete" the story.

Just my 2 cents Wink

RB 1403

CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:12 am Reply with quote

I enjoyed R2 the first time I saw it back then and today it's still my favourite episode from the trilogy.
I guess CAIN design and stopmo sequences have something to do about it.
Like Archive, the robocop suit colour in this movie is my favourite, very stylish, just like a custom painted car.
Definetly one of my favourite action/SF movie.

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:51 am Reply with quote

I dunno, I wanted more humanity and depth to Robo2. It seemed that hollywood was always cheapening the story and elements...and Robo3 was just a natural progression to how they ruined the series as a whole. RoboCop is a cult classic and grade A sci-fi film. RoboCop 2 is a decent bu flawed follow up that could have been MUCH better. RoboCop 3 was an embarrasment and shows the dollar has more power than fans.

The blue/purple robo2 suit, felt, look, and acted too much like plastic. it didn't seem to have the cold metallic feel as the first. It looked like plastic and was plastic...

He the sound effects for his suit in Robo2 weren't as deep and heavy as robo 1.

RB 1453

DJR2096
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: They'll fix you.......they fix everything!

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:00 am Reply with quote

I know one thing for sure, We need a special edition of Robocop 2!

RB 2513

dvd-robocop1 robocop-figure3
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:40 am Reply with quote

How about ED with emotions...

"I'm so depressed cause I can't use chopsticks"

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quote

Kevlar Antelope :

I was want to correct that he said "I can't remember them, but I can feel them."

Oh, My mistake i knew it was one or the other......

Не выбрана
RB 0

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:23 am Reply with quote

Kevlar Antilope :
RoboCop 3 was an embarrasment and shows the dollar has more power than fans.

I still think about for what age limit was made the R3 -- While the R1 and also R2 are very bloody films , in the R3 is the Robocop a little "tame" and except the punkers in beginning and two rehab boys + one "artificial ninja" he doest not killed any person .. where is the blood from the first two films ?! In R3 miss a really cool crazy shooting as we saw in the R1 in the warehouse or in R2 in the factory !

so at the end .. R3 looks as film for 17 or less old persons ! Wink

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :
Kevlar Antilope :
RoboCop 3 was an embarrasment and shows the dollar has more power than fans.

I still think about for what age limit was made the R3 -- While the R1 and also R2 are very bloody films , in the R3 is the Robocop a little "tame" and except the punkers in beginning and two rehab boys + one "artificial ninja" he doest not killed any person .. where is the blood from the first two films ?! In R3 miss a really cool crazy shooting as we saw in the R1 in the warehouse or in R2 in the factory !

so at the end .. R3 looks as film for 17 or less old persons ! Wink

Yep which is why the almighty dollar won. They think if they make something more accessible for childern and families that it will do well, since the 1st film was far "too violent" But that violence, dark humor, and satire is what helped make the 1st Robo so successful. When you start to dumb it down for Robo2 and completely abadon what made the series so popular in the 3rd film...I don't see how they expected the films to do well, honestly.

RB 1453

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard