New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Just watched the pilot and I'd have to say it was pretty good. It held together nicely with plenty of action and good fx. I though it was nice that the Terminator moved and acted more like Robert Patrick than Arnold. If they had tried to mimic Arnie it could have turned out horribly cheezy.

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Well Archive....now ya got me curious.

I was mostly hating what i saw with the first preview that was shown way back in the beginning of the year.

I actually have no clue if I'd like the show or not.

I might check it out if i can catch it on cable sometime.

CREDITS 21

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quote

Hey Meph just grab it off the torrent sites......

CREDITS 2702

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
RoboDave
O-L5*

O-L5*

OCP POLICE 075

Comment: A sane man, in an insane world

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:30 am Reply with quote

i have the said torrent if you guys cannot find it on any of the sites give me a shout and ill put it on a place you can all get it (rapidshare,megaupload, etc) Wink.

CREDITS 412

delorean-car
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote

Some cool info of the shows Wiki:

Quote:
In an June 20, 2007 interview, Friedman revealed that the writers and producers are going to avoid the Terminator of the Week plot device and that Sarah, John, and Cameron will have other threats than just Terminators. Skynet will also come into play as the series progresses. Furthermore, Friedman stated that the events of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines have no bearing on this timeline, but do occur in an alternate timeline. In addition to having planned the entire story arc for the first season, Friedman has a rough idea for the plot of the following three seasons.

At the 2007 summer Television Critics Association press tour, Fox Entertainment Chairman Peter Liguori revealed that certain parts of the pilot, involving a Terminator posing as a teacher attacking John at school, would be changed following the shooting at Virginia Tech. Friedman's reason for having the segment initially was to explain Sarah's powerlessness to protect John while he was at school. Liguori could not say what the new version would be.Also at the meeting, the producers stated that the title of the series may be changed to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

What the hell tho, the school shooting was a great moment in the show, how are they going to change that? Reminds me of when the WB postponed the episode of Buffy the Vampire slayer "Earshot" back in the day after Columbine for like 5 months.

CREDITS 2702

Young_Jedi
Saviour of the Universe

O-L5

Comment: I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Ah, damn! The school sequence was awesome and now they're gonna change it... Pfff

CREDITS 16

AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quote

I hope this series will be good, cause I've been a Terminator fan for years, and when I heard of this, I thought it wouldn't ever be possible.

Where did everybody get the pilot episode? Torrents? Cause I can't use those for some reason. I guess I'll be waiting till January Laughing

CREDITS 409

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Law Giver
Law Master of Aquilonia

L-L4

Comment: Boob Snortin' and Dicky Boy

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quote

Personally, I wouldve preferred the series take place in the future. Only so many times Terminators can come back to the present and fight Sarah and John and lose all the time..also they shoulve just came back when Sarah was an infant and kill her or her parents then. Laughing

CREDITS 351

judge-dredd-lawgiver conan-sword punisher-skull conan-sword2 terminator-skull Rambo-Knife
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:29 am Reply with quote

I watched the pilot, but Fox fucked up. They play the show the same time I watch something else.

So, they fail, and I think the show sucks balls now just because of that. tongue

Ah, actually I kinda liked it. It was better than I expected, but, I haven't really seen anything after the first episode.

Although, I might start watching it online, now that I know I can (Thanks Brandon). Wink

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:31 am Reply with quote

Cincinnatus :
I am watching it and am very hooked. I didn't watch the first five episodes but I got caught up and since have become a fan. On the TerminatorFiles a site linked by this one you can actually talk to one of the writers of the show it is pretty cool. Anyways T:SCC has brought me back to loving the Terminator Franchise after the half-hearted abortion called T3: ROTM. Laughing

Yeah Ive been watching since the pilot episode was released on the torrent sites a while ago and Im still hooked. Took me a bit to get over that whole "alternate timeline" Thing but beyond that the show is amazing. The special effects are great for a tv show and the action is very nicely paced. Also the acting is top notch.

As for T3, I hated it to begin with but after a few viewings since it has grown on me. Couple that with the new trilogy headed our way that finally takes place during the war and I think it was a necessary stepping stone to get us where we need to be in the story. Just my opinion anyways.

CREDITS 2702

Cincinnatus
R-L4

R-L4

Comment: It is better to be feared then loved.

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quote

I will give you that Burnout but I think my falling out had to do with Cameron not having control over it anymore. The man was brilliant and now that his whacko ex sold it to the highest bidder it kind of put me in the wrong frame of mind in regards to T3 so I should probably give it another viewing with an open mind. It isn't bad but I am waiting to see if T3 is just a typical awkward handoff and the rest will be better.

CREDITS 10

predator-mask punisher-skull
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote

Cameron takes a funny little pot shot at T3 during the commentary for T2: Extreme edition as well. Showing that he is indeed slightly bitter at where the series went after the rights moved on. I agree that Cameron should have been involved WAY more with the sequel and that there is in fact a huge quality, namely heart, missing from it. Could have been nice to know that he had some sort of input on the show too. Beyond the fact that they named Summer Glaus character after em. lol

CREDITS 2702

judza
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: I am the dark side incarnate

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote

Well, I've been watching the episodes, and Episode 6 so far has been the best episode.

It gives more of that human element that Termi 3 lacked altogether.

CREDITS 253

starwars-emperor terminator-arnold metalgear-snake half-life2-gordon batman-joker batman-figure RoboCain-v2 alex-murphy
Swedish Robot
C-L2

C-L2

Comment: Formerly Draliseth

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:11 am Reply with quote

I have to admit after watching it, I like it.
Beats the shit out of any other franchise series that have come and gone.

CREDITS 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard