New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 2D 3 - fanmade game Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:16 am Reply with quote

I got a rank "B".
Anyway, I'm playing Windows Version 3.
Here's a screen.The bug is most seen in Gas Station Level.
Check out the cloudy thingy on the window. IT MOVES!!!!

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quote

this game rocks

Не выбрана
RB 0

Sgt. Reed
L-L2

L-L2

I know how real cops kick ass.

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:30 am Reply with quote

Eric, the game will not start on my computer! Sad
What to do?

RB 66

sgt-reed the-crow-figure mk-reptile
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:23 am Reply with quote

I love the arcade feel this game has. The 3D gameplay works really well and lot of options has been removed in favor of more solid action. And that is good.

However....

# The crouch move!
It is VERY frustrating and fiddly. Especially when it comes to shooting the crates. I really think the crouch move should be removed as it fits more in a 2D world. If not for that it would have been a blast to move around the enemies shooting/blowing stuff up.

# It's very repetitive.
Fun to start with yes, but after a while it really gets brutally repetitive. Fun to play for short sessions but playing the game all the way through is a bit tedious. How about alternating the levels with some shooting gallery type levels but with moving enemies?

# Difficulty setting
Good lord. Perhaps add a easy and normal setting?

The best game in the series is still the first game that feels very solid and a game i return to every now and then.

So overall, great game that needs more variation and a removal of the crouch move.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote

I love you

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
I love you

You too Baby. mr green

Now on to the game....

Well, I just downloaded it and hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to sit down and try my hand at this beast.

Knowing the difficulty you guys love to throw at us, I'm sure I'll have my hands full with this one.

I'm looking forward to it though.

I'll get back to ya on what i think about it soon.

RB 495

edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:18 am Reply with quote

good stuff!

RB 1031

Eric
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93
Window reflect bug, the robo reflection and clouds are drawn in the correct position but for some reason they are not being cropped to the window position.
1. Does it happen every game & in both window & full screens?
2. What graphics card do you have?
3. Any one else report this bug?

Sgt. Reed
What computer do you have, Pc/Mac? Any Error messages shown?
Have you unzipped the archive?

Archive
The conversion from the 2D to 3Dish view was a little harder to achieve but the crouch move does had a element of game play, the trade off for item z depth against a bullet hitting it when you are targeting an enemy instead of the item was needed. If the crouch was removed then enemy crouch move would also need to be removed and item sizes increased to allow robo to shoot them while standing. The new view was a brave move as re-coding from the original flat view engine was difficult so alot of other features were dropped in favour of concentrating on the main game engine.
Difficulty does seem very hard at first but once the enemy walk patterns and energy/life locations are learned it becomes easy, gameplay tip is while don`t stand in the same screen for long also don`t rush forward as this more enemies will arrive.

RB 311

game-pad transformers-optimus AirWolf-Logo STH-Sonic ghostbusters-badge
judza
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: I am the dark side incarnate

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quote

Awesome, I'll be downloading this soon. Albeit Robo 2D 2 - Terminator one was my favourite, I'm sure this one will still be good.

PS. Public trust for you.

RB 5719

starwars-emperor terminator-arnold metalgear-snake half-life2-gordon batman-joker batman-figure RoboCain-v2 alex-murphy
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quote

This is cool as all hell!!!!
But i suck a video games, so i killed pretty quick!!!
There so many bad guys!!!!
Love the Music and the Robo quotes!!!!

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote

I am downloading it now ! damn thx . although i did not finished the 2 part yet anyway thanks for the work ! Wink yup Public trust for you !

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Swedish Robot
C-L2

C-L2

Comment: Formerly Draliseth

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Intel Macs only.. figures.
I guess I'll have to wait until I'm rockin a new system before I can enjoy this new game in all it's splendor.

RB 320

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:21 pm Reply with quote

Though I really appreciate all the work Eric has put into this trilogy, I would say this is my least favourite of all the games.

It's too repetitive. It's exactly the same thing in all the levels I played so far, with a different backdrop. Seem's a little too fast paced for a 'RoboCop' story as well. You're constantly fighting for your life and hoping for energy packs against hordes of enemies. I just don't think this fits the 'RoboCop' theme very well.

Nevertheless, thanks once again for your time and efforts - it is appreciated.....I'm in no way disrespecting the game....I just feel 1 and 2 were the superior games! You did a great job on the mini games before, was a shame you couldn't lift some of the other mini games to feature in old Robo games and put them into this game (rebuilding Murphys brain/trying not to short circuit it from the ocean RoboCop 2 games etc etc!

Is this definitely the final part?

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote

Eric :
If the crouch was removed then enemy crouch move would also need to be removed and item sizes increased to allow robo to shoot them while standing.

Well yeah. They don't have any crouch move in RoboCop2:Arcade for example. And i suspect it is for much the same reason. It gets fiddly.

Quote:
gameplay tip is while don`t stand in the same screen for long also don`t rush forward as this more enemies will arrive.

I figured it out towards the middle of the game, however, that does turn the game into a fancy version of "Frogger" where the player has to avoid the "traffic" that is the bad guys that just run around and past you. Wink

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard