New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: PD - What went wrong?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote

yeah,still can't understand why in the hell they thought an actor 5'8" or so would be good....what scares me even more is that Fletcher was the first choice for the TV series!!! Shocked

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
Law Giver
Law Master of Aquilonia

L-L4

Comment: Boob Snortin' and Dicky Boy

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote

I am 5'9", no way Fletcher is 5'8".

RB 723

judge-dredd-lawgiver conan-sword punisher-skull conan-sword2 terminator-skull Rambo-Knife
ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quote

Law Giver :
I am 5'9", no way Fletcher is 5'8".

i'm not exactly sure how tall he is...just a guess....

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:12 am Reply with quote

5'5"-5'7"

My best guess...

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:03 am Reply with quote

Yeah Fletcher is definately somewhere between 5'5" and 5'7. I mean Maurice Dean Wint is definately in the 6' area.

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote

I really think I am taller than Fletcher also my dog standing on two legs is bigger mr green

RoboDuck :
I think my main problem was Fletcher

yeah agree as well .. the suit was too big for him ( as when you will buy too big t-shirt or something )

sorry Page but you really dont have any good thing what should have good actor for Robocop ! ( maybe one thing is right the blue eyes )
haha I bet every one boy from archive would be better for the role !

even one thing what I a little hate in the PD .. and it is the music ! oh that remind me more an wild west than music for Robocop .. what happened ? they did not have rights or money to use something from the Basils music ?! huh what

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
RoboStud
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Camera angle is another problem they have in the mini-series. Since Fletcher is so short, he looke like 5 feet 5 to me. They should have film him from low angle up. I remember in Robo 1 movie, all shots of Robocop is film with camera place really low and aim high to create larger than life effect on Robocop, Peter Weller is not the tallest person either but the camera angle makes him look big and tall.

RB 505

AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote

Justice :
There is one answer and one only: Budget...

While I am not a fan of huge budgets, Robocop does demand at least a reasonable one so you don't go all "Power Rangers"

Actually Power Rangers uses source footage from a previous series in Japan, called Sentai. Long running now. The whole point of the show is to make it with a budget. Right now, Disney COULD do without the footage from sentai, but since it's cheaper to do it this way, they go with a cheaper route.

Clearly, the same was for Robocop: Prime Directives. If they could do it for cheap, they well. All four of the PD "films" were made for less than budget of the original Robocop film. That sounds good...on a financial stand point.

I really didn't like Fletcher's performance as Robocop, especially the way he moved in the suit. Richard Eden would of been a better choice, cause at least he has experience in the role.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote

This show was just genuine crap.
It was doom from the very begining because they wanted to make some family entertainement TV show out of a dark , hardcore SF franchise.
Just for money. For me it doesn't even exist in the robocop universe, just like R3.

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quote

This mini series sucked! Most of the scenes in the show are so ridiculously long and drawn out. Bonemachine was of course stupid. The guy that played as Murphy/Robocop sucked. That guy looked so weird without the robo helmet on. The storyline did have some potential. I especially liked the part where Murphy and his son reunited. But all in all it could have been better.....................................WAY BETTER!

Íå âûáðàíà
RB 0

Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:06 pm Reply with quote

hummm :roll:

well, in my opinion there were two major problems! one was the budget, I think it was to small for this kind of project, so that the special effects could be good! The other problem was the actor that played robocop (Page Fletcher), I think that were better actors for this kind of series.... Confused

Although, the series have a good line of story, I know many of you didn´t like RoboCable, but I think it was a "fresh" prespective tongue

My first reaction to prime directives was just like Nika´s Shocked

But the more I watched it, the more I studied this series (not paing atention to special effects, or robo movements), I realize this is a little better than I think it was... Meh Robo

The story is not has horrible has some of us think, it was interesting to see the prespective of robocop has an obselete robot, and has a man.... to see his former partner.... etc. (forget about bone machine xD, that was dumb)

But if they had a bigger budget, we could pay more experienced actors and do better special effects... Happy robo

Also there is one problem, Fletcher is too small tongue
THE ONLY GOOD AND ALSO SMALL ROBOCOP IS MURPH38 Happy robo

(I am a fan of his work tongue )

P.S.: Nika I just loved that foto of yours!!! mr green
That hat looks very good on you tongue

Best reggards... Philip mr green

RB 537

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
Robo_1
R-L3

R-L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Budget was a big part of it, but I'm just getting sick of watching Robo get his ass kicked, or his life saved by everyone else. From Robocop 3 on, Robocop has lost a lot of his unstoppable feel. PD went from him being a tank on two legs to a tricycle.

Robocop 1 showed he was vulnerable to attack, but not a push over.

I just want more of that Robocop 2 feel, where at the start of the film, he walks out, unscathed from a blown up Police car, and wipes everyone out, before mercilessly pursuing his investigation.

The end of Robocop 3 still makes me feel nauseous, and save for a precious few scenes, Robocop: PD continued that approach.

In short, I just want to see Robocop kick some ass, instead of always being on the end of an ass kicking in an attempt to show his "vulnerable" side.

RB 262

Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Robo_1 Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:07 pm
Budget was a big part of it, but I'm just getting sick of watching Robo get his ass kicked, or his life saved by everyone else. From Robocop 3 on, Robocop has lost a lot of his unstoppable feel. PD went from him being a tank on two legs to a tricycle.

Robocop 1 showed he was vulnerable to attack, but not a push over.

I just want more of that Robocop 2 feel, where at the start of the film, he walks out, unscathed from a blown up Police car, and wipes everyone out, before mercilessly pursuing his investigation.

The end of Robocop 3 still makes me feel nauseous, and save for a precious few scenes, Robocop: PD continued that approach.

In short, I just want to see Robocop kick some ass, instead of always being on the end of an ass kicking in an attempt to show his "vulnerable" side.

I also agree that in PD he is allways gettting his ass kicked, but one thing is right when Damian talks to Sarah: "robocop, has been blow to bits, shoot, put on fire, and he keeps going and going!"

Robocop is unstoppable!!! Happy robo

RB 537

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
DJR2096
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: They'll fix you.......they fix everything!

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Robocop PD Laughing

God I remmeber buying parts one and two, Getting home and watching them Mad
I then put them on e-bay for sale the same day Wink

It was just.........well.......horrible!!!

No sign of the murphy I know and love. It was a sad day oh dear

I still to this day have never seen the last two parts.

Bye the way who is taller out of me and Murphy38?

he's 158 CM tall, and I'm 5'4"

RB 2513

dvd-robocop1 robocop-figure3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard